• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    It's funny when my wife and I sit together at church she will either snug into me or put her arm through my arm.

Today she was complaining that since I have been wearing the shoulder holster it doesn't feel comfortable. Maybe I will have to go a hip holster when we're at church. of course that makes it more visible with my suit. :shady:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It's funny when my wife and I sit together at church she will either snug into me or put her arm through my arm.

Today she was complaining that since I have been wearing the shoulder holster it doesn't feel comfortable. Maybe I will have to go a hip holster when we're at church. of course that makes it more visible with my suit. :shady:

Just wait till she tries to hit you after you say something sarcastic, and ends up hitting your gun. My wife has done that several times and ended up with a sore hand. :):

I was at church one time and carrying a Glock 23 in a shoulder holster and the retention strap came unsnapped and I didnt realize it. I was in the foyer with several people around when I bent over to pick something up. You guessed it, my gun fell right onto the ground. Kind of embarrasing, but no biggie. I stopped using that shoulder holster after that.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I wear a simple IWB for my GLock 19, so does my brother (redneckpastor) for his Glock 22 , not sure what my pastor uses, but he always wears a suit, so it really doesn't matter.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

This man has three more good reasons to carry at church.

Nick%20Cerda%20and%20Family%20-%20Bridge%20Church.png

(random photo found online)

I definitely always carry at church, just like everywhere else I go. I even OC at church sometimes. Never had a problem.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I carry at church, but it's one of the places I ALWAYS carry concealed as to not distract others from worship.

Yeah... that's one of the reasons I've not been OC'ing as much when I go to church. My sidearm has a much higher chance of distracting somebody from worship than it does from deterring anybody from shooting up the congregation. The other reason is that it's getting cold and I'm not so dedicated to the concept of OC that I will tuck my sweater/sweatshirt/jacket behind the gun. I just let it fall how it falls, and if it's covered, fine, but if it isn't, I don't worry about it too much. Most people aren't aware enough to notice it printing or showing below the bottom of my jacket anyway.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    This man has three more good reasons to carry at church.

Nick%20Cerda%20and%20Family%20-%20Bridge%20Church.png

(random photo found online)

I definitely always carry at church, just like everywhere else I go. I even OC at church sometimes. Never had a problem.
    Beautiful family, you can tell the kids have their fathers looks...cause their mother still has hers!...rofl

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah... that's one of the reasons I've not been OC'ing as much when I go to church. My sidearm has a much higher chance of distracting somebody from worship than it does from deterring anybody from shooting up the congregation. The other reason is that it's getting cold and I'm not so dedicated to the concept of OC that I will tuck my sweater/sweatshirt/jacket behind the gun. I just let it fall how it falls, and if it's covered, fine, but if it isn't, I don't worry about it too much. Most people aren't aware enough to notice it printing or showing below the bottom of my jacket anyway.

The mental image of you tucking EVERYTHING behind your gun is kind of funny to me!

But seriously, I went to a conference several years ago that discussed how a persons actions can affect others in a church service. I OC everywhere BUT church, I have been to OC walks, I OC'd to vote. I just don't want to have to explain to God why I caused someone else to not come to church because I had to carry a gun for defense. ;)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I can't remember the last time I used a shoulder holster. There's at least 3 sitting in the box of unused holsters.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've carried at church a couple of time, but not often. I'm sure my pastor would not approve of the practice, so that is why I CC.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Every time I carry at a church I let the Pastor know because I am usually a guest speaker and I do not want to do anything to make myself unwelcome. Never have any of the pastors had an issue with it, in fact most carry themselves and one asked me to keep an eye out for a skunk that was wondering around the property and asked me to shoot it if I saw it. (we were staying n the Prophet's Chamber) I laughed and told him I wanted to help him anyway I could but that the police would frown upon me discharging my gun inside city limits.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    IF I carried at church, <which I do every Sunday> I would have no reason to alarm old women and other members of the congregation, so I CC.

Besides, if you can CC with a tucked in white dress shirt, you KNOW you got your carry system down.

I am also on the security team for the church so its a tad more relevent than just sitting in the pews.

Top Bottom