• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The mental image of you tucking EVERYTHING behind your gun is kind of funny to me!

But seriously, I went to a conference several years ago that discussed how a persons actions can affect others in a church service. I OC everywhere BUT church, I have been to OC walks, I OC'd to vote. I just don't want to have to explain to God why I caused someone else to not come to church because I had to carry a gun for defense. ;)

Same here :yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IF I carried at church, <which I do every Sunday> I would have no reason to alarm old women and other members of the congregation, so I CC.

Besides, if you can CC with a tucked in white dress shirt, you KNOW you got your carry system down.

I am also on the security team for the church so its a tad more relevent than just sitting in the pews.

My church is rather large and I'm not sure we have a security team. I have seen some things I would change as it relates to offering, but I really don't believe my pastor is the 2A kind of guy, but I may be wrong. I definitely plan to have a conversation withhim about it, now that I know there are other pastors who carry.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I carry at church unless I'm teaching the children's sunday school that sunday. It's a balance between providing protection and the probability of a kid feeling/noticing it (some kids are really huggy). I'd be very upset with myself if it got around to all the parents that their children's sunday school teacher was teaching class armed and that made families leave the church (I'm sure some families would go to that extreme too as at our vacation bible school this past summer there were concerns about cowboy decorations depicting holsters and guns on cartoon cowboys).

As far as carrying to church service or my adult sunday school class, I feel no need to discuss the topic with anyone else at the church just like going to a friend's or family member's house. Concealed is concealed is concealed.

Top Bottom