• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Firearms do suffer accidental discharges. Firearms do not require fingers on triggers to discharge. It is a gun, it is not safe, stop treating it like a toy. Stop putting it in your pocket, in your briefcase, in your glove box, in your purse. Put in a proper holster in good condition and stop pretending that the weapon is "safe".

Chicago police officer sets purse down, pistol discharges.

Off-Duty Officer Hurt When Gun Accidentally Fires | NBC Chicago

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I don't believe it. There had to be some coonfingering going on here.

And my friends wonder why I look at them funny when they say "yeah I trust the police with guns, cause you know, they are the police."

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sounds like "coonfingering" to me:n00b:. As they say, "there are no ADs just NDs".
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    JustSTOP-Copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    The story is very lacking in information for anyone person to an educated decision on what is really going on with this story.

If this officer was carrying a Glock, I really doubt that it "went off" by accident. Not making any false accusations of the officer, but - horseplay perhaps.

If this officer was carrying a good quality .45 1911, again I really doubt that it "went off" by accident.

If this officer was carrying a cheap, poorly made, older pistol without some of the hammer blocks, etc. the I am still not buying the accidental portion. A person who is suppose to be a trained professional, carrying one of the cheaper model handguns would should have taken the extra care to prevent such an incident.

The mere definition of "accident" does not meet the event. The definition of accident is any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause. If you mistreat a firearm mishaps should be "expected".

Sounds more like the department is just trying to safe some embarassment.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The story is very lacking in information for anyone person to an educated decision on what is really going on with this story.

If this officer was carrying a Glock, I really doubt that it "went off" by accident. Not making any false accusations of the officer, but - horseplay perhaps.

If this officer was carrying a good quality .45 1911, again I really doubt that it "went off" by accident.

If this officer was carrying a cheap, poorly made, older pistol without some of the hammer blocks, etc. the I am still not buying the accidental portion. A person who is suppose to be a trained professional, carrying one of the cheaper model handguns would should have taken the extra care to prevent such an incident.

The mere definition of "accident" does not meet the event. The definition of accident is any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause. If you mistreat a firearm mishaps should be "expected".

Sounds more like the department is just trying to safe some embarassment.

This saved me some typing. Modern weapons do NOT just fire by themselves. They do, however, often get blamed for doing so when admitting the truth is less convenient.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    My guess: The trigger was somehow depressed and the gun worked just as advertized. lol

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Negligent discharge.

Reasonably prudent people do not leave their guns bouncing around in a purse.

Contrary to the Brady Bunch claims, weapons are perfectly safe. It's the individuals negligently handling them that are not.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    i think her eye liner or lipstick go caught in the trigger guard, She probably didn't gently lay her purse down either that and some other things had to have happened. I don't buy it. I have never had a gun discharge with out some sort of manipulation. I have never had a gun go Kaboom laying on my dresser or glove box. I don't have a purse, but I would only guess a free balling gun in a purse is a no no.. i mean have you ever ventured inside a woman's purse.. I dont advise it... its like some sort of crime scene i swear!

I have dropped my kel tec many of times. Meaning when you really have to do number two and you forget its clipped in your pocket with out a holster (i know shame on me will be getting a pocket holster soon.) and you pants drop to the concrete floor and you hear a little clink. Yeah but i will say i don't keep anything else in that pocket.. no change no lighter no pencil and definitely no lipstick.. :-D The Keltech 380 is the cheapest thing i own..

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As they say, "there are no ADs just NDs".

There are ADs and when I see them reported I bring them to INGO's attention.

That's the problem, denial does not prevent them.:D

People think guns are safe and "do not just go off". Yes, they do just go off and aren't they shocked when they do just go off.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, how did this gun, "just go off," exactly?

If the details ever come out, I'd bet dimes to donuts the officer, "did something."

Possibilities: She set her purse down, and then the gun fired. She pulled something out of her purse, and the gun fired. She was looking for something in her purse and the gun fired. Etc.

Odds are she fired that gun through negligent carry (whether she used her finger or not).

Don't get me started on loose purse/pocket carry. Dumb idea.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    99.9% chance the gun didn't just go off on it's own. For that to happen, something in the gun itself would have to fail. What probably happened is the stupid B---- left it in her purse full of crap without something to cover the trigger guard. Something, a lipstick, a pen, her "personal massager" :puke:, who knows what, likely got in there and pressed the trigger.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, how did this gun, "just go off," exactly?

Eez gon, eez not safe.

Guns fire because of dropping just ask gun writer and police ninjy Steve Malloy.

99.9% chance the gun didn't just go off on it's own.

Guns do go off of their own. Many on INGO deny that it happens and act like they do not know that people die from dropped guns.

Top Bottom