• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had a friend ask me to help him find a pistol for home and personal defense. I took him to the range and let him shoot about a dozen guns. He settled on a Glock 19. I searched for a couple weeks to find him a good deal, but had no luck so I sold him mine. It's easily replaceable when a good deal comes along.

Churchmouse?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I sold a firearm I loved (S&W 3319) because I a) never shot it b) had many more modern higher capacity firearms in 9mm and c) wanted to fund a new build. Everyone has different reasons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because it's a hobby. And a disease.

Pretty much.

I buy a nice 1911. I shoot it once and then strip it down, love on the slide/frame and fill it with Hot-Rod parts. I shoot it again and someone will always want it. I sell it (usually at a loss) and the cycle renews. I have a safe full of these. Time to sell a few and get some projects going.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My main reasons have been to get something I want more (buying or trading), getting rid of something I just never seem to shoot or don't enjoy shooting (my AR-15 fell into that category), or consolidating calibers. Usually anything I get rid of is something that won't be hard to replace should I change my mind later.

Pretty much this. If something is a commodity type of gun, and I decide to go a different direction, there is no sense in not parting with it, if I can sell it for a price I and someone else deem to be reasonable.

Churchmouse?

What you did there, I see it...

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    With some of the things I collect (especially mausers) if I can get a nicer version of something I already have then I will usually sell the one it replaces. Its a harsh necessity needed to keep my basement from being nothing but gunsafes.

You say that as though it's a bad thing..............

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I collect firearms so I haven't sold any for several years. But I have in my younger years had other priorities that caused me to sell one or two. Paying a house payment or buying groceries sometimes overwhelms the desire or need to keep a firearm.

Thank goodness I am retired, don't own anyone anything, and have a decent bank balance and savings so that isn't a factor any more. Many people raising a family do not have the financial security to weather an expensive occurrence like a medical bill or car problem without disposing of an asset. Luckily, firearms typically hold their value and can in most cases be readily replaced when the person has the cash for near the same cost. Many other factors listed above by others also can result in selling.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Sometimes getting a new gun is an itch you just have to scratch. And sometimes the only way to do that is to sell one of your old friends.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sell and trade them and buy more because we still can. Although there are forces out there that are trying their damnedest to change that.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm more of a collector than a shooter, and as time has passed my collecting has gotten more focused. So, most of the stuff that was outside that area has gone away. Not to mention that with over 100 milsurps it just got to be too much like work taking care of them. Down to about 40 now and the gun fund is set for a while.
    Also, my shooting guns have a purpose, such as home defense and hunting. Along those lines I've sold a few that while I really liked the gun, it just didn't do the job.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have bought, sold, and traded guns for over 50 years. Many times, I just grew tired of a gun and wanted something new. Sometimes, I just needed money for a new gun and had to sell something that I really did not want to sell or trade.

Top Bottom