• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I think it's pretty common nowadays for churchgoers to conceal carry at normal services. However, I do not think concealed carry in a daycare is a very good idea, unless that person is known to the church, trained, and approved by the church to be in the role of an official security representative. The need is to have someone vetted by church leadership. The little ones are just too precious to us all to take a chance on just anyone.​

QUOTE]

What's the difference in your children being in a church with a lawfully armed person and being in a Wal-Mart with a lawfully armed person?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it's pretty common nowadays for churchgoers to conceal carry at normal services. However, I do not think concealed carry in a daycare is a very good idea, unless that person is known to the church, trained, and approved by the church to be in the role of an official security representative. The need is to have someone vetted by church leadership. The little ones are just too precious to us all to take a chance on just anyone.​

QUOTE]

What's the difference in your children being in a church with a lawfully armed person and being in a Wal-Mart with a lawfully armed person?

Ah man! I can't believe I missed the "Think of the children!" post here on INGO!

clownsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Fishers
    I always wondered why a church would need guards until someone told me how much cash rolls through them on Sunday mornings. The cynical side wonders why you don't hear about more church robberies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I always wondered why a church would need guards until someone told me how much cash rolls through them on Sunday mornings. The cynical side wonders why you don't hear about more church robberies.

It's not just the money.
    Some people have problems with religions.
    Some people have problems with crowds.
    Some people just have problems.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    It's not just the money.
    Some people have problems with religions.
    Some people have problems with crowds.
    Some people just have problems.

+1 Money would be way down on the list of my concerns- though just for reference, a typical 1000 member church can easily run a weekly budget of around $35k. Much more concerning are the people with issues regarding the "religion." For a simple example, a very conservative pastor who is very outspoken about a certain sin. It can get some people pretty riled up.

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    I'm just going to leave this here. This was a pic from my chruch's past Sunday service.

1471186_10201894451554402_194711337_n.jpg

Not me in the pic just so you know. Stole the pic from one of my Pastor's facebook pages.

runpaulone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    CC at church is a great idea. Churches are not immune to the same violence that other establishments experience.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Personally I hadn't thought much of it either way until I read this post. Way down deep inside me, probably not coming from a good place, I really like the idea of bad guys finding out that they got more than they bargained for.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I recently go married, and I carried... :) my wife didnt think it was that funny.

Mrs_Frost said she would NOT marry me unless I carried my 1911 the whole time. I winked and moved my jacket to show a Kimber Ultra in stainless. The pastor (a good friend of mine since college) said he once had a "shotgun wedding" as a joke but can't remember a loaded pistol being a requisite.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Pastor in the church that I grew up in OC'd in the pulpit every Sunday. I carry my 1911 OWB (under my suit jacket) in a Fobus every service. We're currently interviewing a young man to be our new Pastor. I asked him his position on carrying in church. He said I think everybody should carry. Right answer. :)

Top Bottom