• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I got a .357 my dad bought used but like new in '72.
    We hunted with it (chucks) and I shot it a lot on the target ranges.
    He gave it to me for my BD a few yrs back, and I took a deer with it.
    Not for sale.
    He asked me which guns I wanted whenever the time came, and I named a few. He was puzzled because some were not the most expensive or best condition.
    Told him WE had no history with that other stuff.

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I have a lot of guns. But, The ones I would never part with are my dad's old Marlin 60 that he paid $49 for at K-Mart when I was very young. My grandfather's Colt new frontier revolver will never bo sold. Also, my Remington left hand 1187 premier which I bought new when they first introduced them. Many ducks, geese, fox, grouse, and pheasant have fallen to the 1187. One gun I wish I had back was a Marlin 783 (22 magnum) that I had when I was in high school. Coming from a farming community the farmers would beg us hunters to get the ground hogs out of their beans. I can remember one spring when 32 ground hogs perished to that rifle with it's Weaver 6 power scope.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I inherited my Grandfathers Winchester 1894 30-30 lever action after my Grandmother passed away a few years ago. He passed in 2003, but all his guns stayed with Grandma until she passed. It's not anything real special like a pre '64 or anything like that, but it still means a lot to me since it belonged to my Grandfather. I've looked up the serial number, and I believe it was made in 1984. I was only 13 when he passed, and he lived in Missouri ever since I could remember, so I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I would have liked. Didn't help the fact that he passed rather suddenly, and long before his time. He had a major heart attack and that was that. I suppose we could have guessed it may happen, due to the fact that it was like the 5th one in probably 5 years. He was a great man from what I remember of him though. A real "no nonsense" kind of guy. He is greatly missed.

My girlfriend's mother has her fathers Colt Python .357 that means quite a bit to the 2 of them as well. The Girlfriend and I will inherit it when her mother passes. Granted, if anything ever happens with our relationship, the gun will definitely go with her. As much as I would love to have it for myself, I would never imply that I keep it in such an event. It means too much to her for me to ever do something like that, and not to sound like I'm just jonsin for her mom to pass, because in no way do I wish for that to happen, but I can't wait till we get that thing either! Lol. He also had the .44 Magnum version of the Python as well, but it was destroyed in the fire that took his life. They said it just fell to pieces when they picked it up after finding it. The only things that survived the fire where some of the crystals and stones he collected (he was a big rock hunter), and his bible. Very strange that the bible survived. Everything around it was a total loss, including the stand it was placed in. I believe it was inside a thin metal case tucked into the end table. Fire started on the couch he was asleep on with the end table right next to it. Still has soot from the fire on it to this day.

bobby knight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Monticello
    JC Higgins Model 31 that my dad bought in the early '60s. Shoots 22, 22 shorts and 22LR. Has a retractable sling in the buttstock that still works. Unfortunately it doesn't always fire, but when it does is very accurate. One gun I will never part with.

bagdaddy09

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    noblesville
    My favorite gun I don't actually have yet. My dad still uses it, but it was the first gun I ever shot. It's a .22 single shot JC Higgins. Dad got it when he was 12 and "slayed many 'a squirrels" It will be my prize possession.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    A beautiful Ruger #1 chambered in 25-06. A good friend of mine from work willed it to me. He is the guy that rekindled my addiction to firearms and taught me quite a bit.

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Probably my first FAL, a G1. It was the first rifle I ever built, and the first real father/son project I think I had.

Predator hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Greenwood
    My ruger 10 22 my dad bought me at k-mart for my 16th birthday. My very first gun.
    Another 22 marlin mod 60, and a sears longtom 12 gauge both from my grandfather.
    Will definitely never give these up.

Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    My Dad also gave me a gun on my 16th birthday. It was a Mossberg 600 12 gauge.
    He passed away about 10 years ago. I rarely shoot it anymore. One day, I will pass it on to my grandson.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    The three that mean the most to me:

1. The Browning Gold Hunter 20 gauge that my Father gave me for Christmas of '96.
    2. My late Grandfather's Remington Model 41 Targetmaster.
    3. My late Grandfather's Ruger 10/22

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My SBR AR. I built it using an upper that I took on my last deployment to Iraq. Same upper, barrel and EoTech that saved my life, updated with a POF rail and Troy night sights. I've been wanting to get 6 cresents etched on it... he he. (or little rag head faces) if anyone knows of a JPEG that would be easy to engrave.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    My first and favorite of all time is a Winchester Model 67 youth rifle that was given to me by my grandfather as a young boy. We used to go shoot poker chips out of the tree with it.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Victory revolver

002_zps8237db09.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Mine is a Marlin Golden 39A. I've bought and traded literally hundreds of guns through the years. The only one that I've kept and always will is the Marlin that my wife of 39 years bought me as a Christmas present when she was 16 and I was 18. Many years ago I mentioned that I was considering trading it. She burst into tears, "You're not going to trade my present are you?" Of course the correct answer was, "No, certainly not. Was just a dumb thought."

I've had this gun 40 years and expect I will until i draw my last breath. :)

Sounds like a sweet rifle from a sweet woman. :) Pics??

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My favorite handgun is my Colt Python in bright stainless. It's the first handgun that I ever purchased and a real straight shooter! Pretty much a safe queen now. I know I could get more than twice what I paid for it back in 1985. I've thought about selling it, but have never been able to actually do it:
    DSC_5183.jpg

My favorite rifle is my Remington 700 BDL Deluxe in .270 Winchester. Super accurate rifle, will cut bullet holes at 100 yards using carefully reloaded ammo. And real pretty too:
    DSC_5451_zpsdf865bd7.jpg

DSC_5453_zps64513fc4.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    First rifle I purchased for myself at bradis when they carried more chainsaws than guns.

first handgun I purchased for myself from Scott of Albros guns back when he was gun show only and lived in Salem courthouse apts.

Those two and a few others well always be with me.

Top Bottom