• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The most important firearm is my Luger P08 with all the necessary engravings and stamping to trace it back to a WWI battle my Grandfather fought in. It's the closest I can ever now get to my Grandfather during combat. Yes, my Grandfather survived WWI, my Father survived WWII and I survived Vietnam. I am happy my Nephews believe me when I tell them about War. While, they will never fully understand at least they have listend to me and their Grandfather. They did not know my Grandfather, their Great-Grandfather.

ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    I have a winchester model 67-22 that my dad gave last summer and also a single shot break barrel shotgun (forgot ga and manf. but it was my great great grandpas (manufactured between 1912 and 1915 from what i could find on it) awesome pieces of my families history!

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My uncle who was a father figure to me gave me a 30-30 when I was 18, my sons 22 I bought him for his 5th birthday, and my 10/22 stock I shot with from 7-10 yrs old. Like others on here guns are one of the things I just don't sell or trade, unless I am unhappy with the purchase.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    M1 carbine my father bought me for my 15th birthday , and the m1 garand he bought for me the following Xmas .
    he means more to me then anyone in this world , he's been there for me no matter what . These rifles will never leave my side and hopefully always remain in the family

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    Wow 11 pages and no mention of a model 37 Winchester. That really surprises me.

My number one would be a Ruger 96/44 that was my dads. My oldest son has shot all four of his deer with it so it looks like it will be going to him some day. Hopefully not too soon.

Number two would have to be an old Stevens 414 Armory that had the barrel cut back to 20" and the stock shortened before it came into my possession. Damn thing is a tack driver. When the firing pin works that is.

Brilei5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Lowell
    My W.German numbers matching Sig 226. First gun I ever bought at least 18 years ago. Thousands of rounds through her...

Last edited:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well, my father and his father never owned a gun, so this tradition would have to start with me.

I bought my Sig P226 a while ago, say around 18 years ago too. Great gun and I added a P229 in .40 to my collection.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, my father and his father never owned a gun, so this tradition would have to start with me.

I bought my Sig P226 a while ago, say around 18 years ago too. Great gun and I added a P229 in .40 to my collection.

Not a bad start. I currently have about 35 accumulated...the issue is keeping them all fed. Teach your family to keep moving in the right direction.

My Dad had a good accumulation before he went to Korea...his folks sold it while he was gone; didn't even give him the money. I guess times can be hard and stuff happens. Best to be prepared. :ar15:

Savage99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Peru
    1951 Winchester M70 in .30-06. It has been on a lot of fun trips and even shot a few deer and pigs with it. It shoots 2" 3 shot groups at 100 yds. Just a nice hunting rifle.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My old marlin .22 bolt action, and can't forget the ol crossman 760 -- needs a little tlc. Now I'm going to have to add the Cetme I've been building. It's allowed me to spend some bonding time with my son. He really got into it. (So much so, that I bought him a kit for his college graduation)

Top Bottom