Guns you bought after seeing them in the media?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Have you ever been watching a movie or playing a video game where you saw a gun being used that you knew you just had to have? Did you buy it? If you have, what was it? I personally have a liking for the guns in the Resident Evil series. :D

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Harry_Callahan.jpg

S&W model 29

I dont own one yet though.

Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    I'd love to have quite a few of the guns in the Resident Evil series, both from games and movies.....in due time. I'd REALLY love to get my hands on the AA12 from the Expendables.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    It's good to hear that others feel the same way I do! What really gets me though is when they use a gun that is either an artist rendition based on several different guns, or one that is made of pure unobtainium. The Vp-70 M is my kryptonite, my unobtainable fantasy gun right now. I know it is possible to obtain one since there are a few transferable ones here and there, but for way more than I could hope to spend right now.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Don't have any guns I've seen in pop culture.......................yet. The S&W 29, Walther PPK, and every gun from the Halo video games are on my wish list.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Yes, I bought a Walther P22 because of the old n64 007 game. Actually love the gun it goes with me on every trip to the range.

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I bought one of those with the shoulder thing that goes up.

Thought it looked scary and illegal and I thought "man I wish I had that!"

I had to go to the infamous Indianapolis black market to find anyone who would admit to even knowing what a shoulder thing that goes up is.

TJJ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    I bought a 1911 after seeing one in a movie, but something is definitely wrong with mine.

Mine ran out of ammo after about 7 shots. The guy in the movie got off at least 30 shots without ever having to reload.

I feel like I got ripped off.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    I bought a 1911 after seeing one in a movie, but something is definitely wrong with mine.

Mine ran out of ammo after about 7 shots. The guy in the movie got off at least 30 shots without ever having to reload.

I feel like I got ripped off.

Yeah, I can't seem to find any of those "extended capacity" guns either. I guess they must be using cheat codes. :rolleyes: I also can't seem to find any of those guns that can be fired easily with one hand but can throw the bad guy 100 feet back with the impact. Try as I might, I still can't curve any bullets or shoot the wings off of flies, I guess I need more practice. :rolleyes:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    This question was close to the mark, but you missed it by specifying games and movies. You should have just left it to the subject thread.

Games and movies? No.

Media? Yes.

First one: S&W Sigma .40 - hot news when it came out. Glock's illegitimate sister. I think it is a great gun and I carried it for 13 years.

Second one: Sig P229 - the federal gun, standard issue for FBI, etc. I still have it but dang, it is large and bulky and doesn't hold many rounds (of course, neither does a 1911). I never carried it (and I have carried 1911s).

Third one: Kimber Custom. I bought one of the first ones available when Kimber began manufacturing handguns again, about 1995 or 96.

Fourth one: S&W 4013TSW tactical. Basically an off the shelf $1K gun from their custom shop. Sorry, never thrilled me.

Fifth one: FNH Five-seveN - holy sh*t! Why did I wait to buy this? I talked myself out of it for years. Dumbest decision I ever made, aside from my starter wife. It is my EDC.

I have more firearms, but these I bought because of media reports.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    wow, so many pointed out that I had bought for about the same reasons. Although I get more of them for way better reasons, and I always research, but here are a couple that I have gotten for movies and tv shows.
    Walter PPK because of the Man, James Bond
    1911s, cause of the A Team
    and now I want to get a Mare's Leg cause of dang Firefly, sorry the video is a little long, but had tons of great scenes of the mares leg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64r2LD_uxiI&feature=fvwrel

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Guys, just cause they don't show them reloading a magazine, big deal.
    They don't show them sitting on the toilet either. Doesn't mean it don't happen.
    I don't like it when they fire a long burst out of one magazine. When the scene is one long burst of 300 rounds from a 30 round (or 7 round) mag.
    When the fire and stop, repeat. Not so much.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Counter Strike: Desert Eagle

Counter Strike: Only reason I would consider getting an AK-47 to run with my Glock instead of my AR.

Top Bottom