Guns you bought after seeing them in the media?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    I bought a 1911 after seeing one in a movie, but something is definitely wrong with mine.

Mine ran out of ammo after about 7 shots. The guy in the movie got off at least 30 shots without ever having to reload.

I feel like I got ripped off.

:laugh:

If you ever find any of those monster mags, let me know.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    This one is high on the list. Although in the movie it's an 1858, and the one I'm getting is an 1875 based on the 1858 design.

picture.php

picture.php

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Desert Eagle cause of the Matrix. Last week picked up the Rossi version of the Mare's Leg due to Zombieland (have yet to watch Firefly). Thanks to the movie "Shooter" I want a M200.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    As soon as I saw Tom Hanks blow a tank up with his GI 1911, I knew I had to have one.

To date, I have shot a tank, a backhoe, a minivan, and a john deere lawn mower. None of which have exploded....

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    This question was close to the mark, but you missed it by specifying games and movies. You should have just left it to the subject thread.

Games and movies? No.

Media? Yes.

First one: S&W Sigma .40 - hot news when it came out. Glock's illegitimate sister. I think it is a great gun and I carried it for 13 years.

Second one: Sig P229 - the federal gun, standard issue for FBI, etc. I still have it but dang, it is large and bulky and doesn't hold many rounds (of course, neither does a 1911). I never carried it (and I have carried 1911s).

Third one: Kimber Custom. I bought one of the first ones available when Kimber began manufacturing handguns again, about 1995 or 96.

Fourth one: S&W 4013TSW tactical. Basically an off the shelf $1K gun from their custom shop. Sorry, never thrilled me.

Fifth one: FNH Five-seveN - holy sh*t! Why did I wait to buy this? I talked myself out of it for years. Dumbest decision I ever made, aside from my starter wife. It is my EDC.

I have more firearms, but these I bought because of media reports.

Sorry about the subject/body question confusion. I was really meaning all media in general, but I narrowed it down to movies/video games to give everyone a basis to go by. I was really just meaning if there was a gun you saw at some point in the media that you just had to have. :)

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Suppose my first handgun was like that. Beretta 96A1. I wanted the 92FS, or M9. But I went to the gun show to buy a pistol, and wasn't leaving without one. They were out of the first two, and only had the 96 left. So I got it instead.

Seems to be in every video game, and a lot of movies.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    As soon as I saw Tom Hanks blow a tank up with his GI 1911, I knew I had to have one.

To date, I have shot a tank, a backhoe, a minivan, and a john deere lawn mower. None of which have exploded....

Need the P-51 Mustang to go with the 1911, and then you can blow up a tank.

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I want a Peacemaker or more likely a Ruger Lookalike, after watching 310 to Yuma

Great movie.

I was about to post that I want a Schofield revolver because of that movie. :yesway:

Edit: I'm talking about the new one with Christian Bale and Russel Crowe. The old one was lame.

Last edited:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I got into AR-15s after Jim Zumbo showed his butt in the media. Before that I never gave them much thought, now I've had several.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Have you ever been watching a movie or playing a video game where you saw a gun being used that you knew you just had to have? Did you buy it?

Dude, I sold guns for four years. It was every other gun I heard the movie reference.

I would have to assume that with video games that it must be 3 out of 4 guns are sold because of movies or video games.

This is what I always found funny--people gripe about Hollywood being anti-gun but Hollywood is the reason that 9 out of 10 gun owners have guns.:laugh:

Top Bottom