Gunsite 3 Day Carbine Class in Boone County, Indiana March 28-30, 2008 and October 17

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Subject: Gunsite 3 Day Carbine Class in Boone County, Indiana

Gunsite 123 Course in Lebanon IN March 28-30 and October 17-19, 2008
    Boone County Sheriff Department is proud to again host Gunsite for a Three (3) Day 123 Level Carbine Course. (This is a derivative of the 223 course without the famous indoor and outdoor simulators and five (5) day format.)
    If you have often wondered about taking a course at Gunsite but were timid to spend the time and money necessary to travel to Arizona, this is an opportunity to experience Gunsite near your home.
    The course is $469 for the three days. Plan on shooting approximately 800 rounds carbine and 50 rounds pistol, including the night shoot. The course is IN LETB Certified (read: POST Certified for IN).
    Registration information and additional Gunsite information is available at: www.gunsite.com

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It was more of a comment on my "brokeness" than high prices. I know its worth every penny.

hkhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    found this image on ar15

carbine2008fm7.jpg

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's a good class. I'd like to go each year, using a different rifle.

I think when I took it, the handout (posted above) and Gunsite's website gave two different figures for ammo round count. I'm thinking one said 600 and the other said 800.

One of the students in my class asked Ken how much we really needed, and he said "600 to 800"... which wasn't being smart, it was just a statement of fact that ammo use depends on how the class progresses. Some parts of the class use more ammo than others, so it all depends on what areas will get the most time devoted to them. And that depends on the students in the class. There is no way to tell ahead of tme.

I think I actually used a little less than 600 rounds, but could be mistaken.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if you can only scrape up $469 and 600 rounds, you might try to go anyway.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did the class in December of 2006. Ken Campbell is an absolutely first rate instructor and you will have fun as you learn a lot, even if you have been through other carbine classes. Ken is another instructor that recommend without reservation.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I will be there. I've been trying to take this course for over two years, but my schedule never worked until now.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I might drop by for a visit on Friday. I'm shooting 3-gun at Owensboro, KY on Saturday, but if I'm not tired I might drop by in Sunday if I don't make it on Friday.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never been to Owensboro proper. The club is east of there, off of I think state road 60? Whatever the first highway you meet on US231 right after you cross the river. The club is just south of that gas station with the convenience store/pharmacy/hardware store/subway/you name it.

Top Bottom