• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I've seen way too many threads where someone just vents, and then is encouraged to name names, and then the next thing you know the op is being told that if you are going to make accusations you have to provide photos, emails, etc. It all ends with the op being the bad guy for trying to ruin someone's business reputation. I don't think venting is worth the resultant hassle regardless, but naming names is just opening another can of worms that still doesn't get his gun fixed.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I've seen way too many threads where someone just vents, and then is encouraged to name names, and then the next thing you know the op is being told that if you are going to make accusations you have to provide photos, emails, etc. It all ends with the op being the bad guy for trying to ruin someone's business reputation. I don't think venting is worth the resultant hassle regardless, but naming names is just opening another can of worms that still doesn't get his gun fixed.

I agree with Rob63. If the OP doesn't want to out the gunsmith then he probably has a good reason.

The OP reached out to the INGO community for advice on a gunsmith and received no help so he rolled the dice. Sadly, it sounds like he was looking for some really high end work and ended up with a Bubba's garage job.

It sounds like the bolt can be made right but at additional expense. I hope he can get it all worked out.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I agree with most of the posts here, bad & unsafe work should not be rewarded. I'd love to know who butchered it so they can go on my do not deal with list. It's a shame that someone else here may get screwed over or take an unsafe gun back home to their family.

In addition,

Thanks for the heads-up. The hardest part of spending money is often WHO to spend it with...

You didn't read a word that was posted did you?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Fine, don't tell us who it is. :(
    Just remember, you alone could have prevented future tragedies......

Gunsmith: Well, here's your gun Mr Jones.

Mr. Jones: Um, OK. Ahhhh, how does it shoot?............POW!

Gunsmith: Crap, I thought I fix that. Let's see.........BOOOM!

Gunsmiths Wife: Honey, lunch is.......Aaaahhhh......Are you OK? I'll just move this gun........KABLOOIE!

Gunsmiths Kid: Mom, hurry I'm hungry......OH MY GOD!....MOM.....DAD.........oh what's this.......BLAM!

Gunsmiths Cat: Meow....Purrrrrr......BANG!

Pizza Dude: Yo Pizza!..........Whoh.......There all dead........Cool free gun........BAM!

And all Mr. Jones wanted was a good cleaning....

How do you sleep at night? :nailbite:

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    So if I take my rifle to get work done on it and I just happen to go to the same guy not knowing he's incompetent, and something happens that causes me harm or a loved one harm then what? I wouldn't got to a doctor that I knew had poor business practices or lack of knowledge,
    much less a guy who is going to work on an tool that causes a small explosion very close to my fingers and face.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    So if I take my rifle to get work done on it and I just happen to go to the same guy not knowing he's incompetent, and something happens that causes me harm or a loved one harm then what? I wouldn't got to a doctor that I knew had poor business practices or lack of knowledge,
    much less a guy who is going to work on an tool that causes a small explosion very close to my fingers and face.

"just be careful"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ^This^ It's one thing if it was some inconsequential screw up unrelated to the safe operation of a firearm but quite another if the "gunsmith" was satisfied with giving a possibly unsafe firearm back to a customer after performing such shoddy work.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    OP: Hello, 911? I need an ambulance! My father has collapsed and is unconscious!
    911 operator: We're on our way. Does your father have any pre-existing conditions that may help us treat him better?
    OP: Well yeah, he does, but I'm not going to name names.
    911 operator: Uh, sir?
    OP: It's my choice whether or not I tell you!

Top Bottom