• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have been weighing my options lately and have come to the decision that I will have to put the majority of my smiting work on what is hopefully a temporary hiatus.
    This is not something I want to do, instead I would rather continue to do work and build a clientele, but for now I have to many real world demands on my time.

I do not plan on dropping out completely but rather to be very selective. I do apologize for that and I have such a hard time saying no but working 16 plus hours a day sometime 6 and 7 days a week kinda drains the fun out of anything.

If you want Cerakote work done I will still be able to do that if you can bring me parts but until my time frees up I cant do complete jobs. Feel free to ask but please don't be offended if I decline. Until things change and I can get additional staffing at Diamond Collision this is the choice I have to make.

What I do plan on continuing to do is 1911 or 2011 builds but only 1 or 2 at a time.

I hope this will not last long but I have been putting this decision off for at least a month already and it is time.

I will let everyone know if things change and thanks so far for all the support up to this point.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A well understood decision Allen. Take care of yourself. We look forward to you opening the doors again to more smith work.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    When you do excellent work, you get swamped with customers lining up for your services. I have a couple small projects, but they are nothing that has to be done right now. when you get back up and running, I will be in touch.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am figuring at some point after the first of the year. I hope to be back at it

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    My project list must have been part of this. I apologize! Take a break, we will be here when you get back to it!

Truth be told Diamond Collision is 100 % to blame :) We are blessed with an abudance of work and I am in the middle of rebuilding a new crew which means I am on the floor working and I am just to exhausted to do both especially with holidays coming. On top of that I am a couple maybe 3 weeks away from moving my entire office into a construction trailer so that our old office can be gutted and remodeled.

The gun work is a great release but without Diamond Collisions being successful I probably wouldnt be able to dabble with the gun work. Although doing guns does tend to make me re evaluate my priorities :)

I really appreciate all the support and patience from the INGO comunity and next year when the office is all done and were moved in I want to do an open house event for INGO. probably in the spring so we can grill out and what not.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I know how you feel. At the highth of my smithing I was working over 90 hours a week between that and the fire department. something HAD to give. Now that I have taken a break I am able to view the hobby as fun again because it was getting to the point where I was burnt out. Enjoy the break from it, put your time into your business, and hopefully by the time you start smithing again we will have a gunsmithing forum.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I know how you feel. At the highth of my smithing I was working over 90 hours a week between that and the fire department. something HAD to give. Now that I have taken a break I am able to view the hobby as fun again because it was getting to the point where I was burnt out. Enjoy the break from it, put your time into your business, and hopefully by the time you start smithing again we will have a gunsmithing forum.

Yea same thing....Had to get the forum jab in though eh :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, one day you will do some work for me!:) That's what I get for snoozing.

I used to build custom furniture for a hobby, then extra money, but my regular job got was demanding and after awhile my furniture hobby turned into another "job" so I put it on the shelf.

Hopefully I will see you at FNS again once I am more ready.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Well, one day you will do some work for me!:) That's what I get for snoozing.

I used to build custom furniture for a hobby, then extra money, but my regular job got was demanding and after awhile my furniture hobby turned into another "job" so I put it on the shelf.

Hopefully I will see you at FNS again once I am more ready.

Get well soon :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sorry things aren't going quite as planned for you Allen. All the work you've done for me has been excellent. Hopefully after a break you can start fresh and enjoy it once again. You are a gifted artisan and a valued friend. Take care....

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am just one good body tech away and a building remodel from firing back up. It's kinda nice to do cars again. feels like i had a break from them and am enjoying it again

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    If I was done with school I'd be interested, but I'm not there yet. Hope the remodel goes swiftly and without complications!

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    just got notice Thursday that its time to get the construction trailer setup and empty out the office building so it can be gutted. Yay....I think

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know I am sorry that things went this way but we have to take care of the priority's that keep the lights on.
    Success to you in your plans.
    If we have the time count on us for help moving furniture...........:):

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Appreciate that. Nothing to be sorry about, I am blessed to be needed :)

Top Bottom