• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Congrats on the continuing success of Diamond Collision Allen. I'll reiterate what several others have said and say I'm very grateful to have squeezed a couple jobs through your doors before the hiatus and we will keep you on our short list next time we need some work done.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    sorry i missed out on your services, for the time being, based on others kind words. when a hobby is no longer fun, it becomes work. then it is time to start new. good luck on the remodel. i know how much fun those are...

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    thanks, It will come back around. I hate telling people no right now :(

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No issues with a Glock. I just like a bit more of my guns appearance.
    Yep, but when Allen gets done with them they all look good :rockwoot:

Ill take your Glock and trade it in on a 1911 :laugh:

Yeah, I had a couple of 1911s about 20 years ago. Traded them off and never looked back. Granted, I did not have good examples of them, but never felt the need to put the money into another one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trust when I say his work has been seen 1st hand.
    He is good at what ever he takes on.

Nice Glock.....(please do not tell all my 1911 buddy's I said that. Rep to protect)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Trust when I say his work has been seen 1st hand.
    He is good at what ever he takes on.

Nice Glock.....(please do not tell all my 1911 buddy's I said that. Rep to protect)

Yep, beveled slide and refinish courtesy of Allen... Just got a shiny new Gen 4 for him to work on when he gets fired back up.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    well it sure would be easy to sit back and let this thread stroke my ego :)
    Honestly though I look at a lot of work online that some people do and I wish I could be that good. I wish I had years of machine work experience behind me.
    Through some certain life lessons/illnesses in the past that I have been through I know I had better give credit where credit is due and that credit is due to Christ, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything.
    He can give me skill and can take it away in a flash.....and give it back just as quick.
    I went through some things several years ago, for several years that showed me I had better check my ego at the door and know who is in charge.

Don't get me wrong I really like that you all are happy with my work but, .......... I have to be careful not to take the credit :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    well it sure would be easy to sit back and let this thread stroke my ego :)
    Honestly though I look at a lot of work online that some people do and I wish I could be that good. I wish I had years of machine work experience behind me.
    Through some certain life lessons/illnesses in the past that I have been through I know I had better give credit where credit is due and that credit is due to Christ, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything.
    He can give me skill and can take it away in a flash.....and give it back just as quick.
    I went through some things several years ago, for several years that showed me I had better check my ego at the door and know who is in charge.

Don't get me wrong I really like that you all are happy with my work but, .......... I have to be careful not to take the credit :)

Nice testimony Allen. Hopefully we let him guide us to do His will. The attitude and approach to what you do is shaped by your relationship with Him. The quality of your work comes from His guiding hand, but it is still your hands that produce the end result.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    With a couple recent experiences I have had with some gunsmith work, it is becoming more evident that just like pretty much everything else I do myself, I need to do my own gunsmith work.

I admired your work, because you did it right from what I could see. I wonder where all the craftsman have gone? Not just in the firearms industry, but in most industries. It seems like whenever I decide that I am not going to do something myself and I hire it out, my wife's first response after they leave with our money is; " you should have done that yourself".

When I picked up my shotgun stock that I had a new recoil pad put on, she could tell the way I looked at it that I was not happy. As soon as we walked out of the store she told me the next time I need tooling to do something to my guns, I should just buy it and do it myself.

Top Bottom