• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well it sure would be easy to sit back and let this thread stroke my ego :)
    Honestly though I look at a lot of work online that some people do and I wish I could be that good. I wish I had years of machine work experience behind me.
    Through some certain life lessons/illnesses in the past that I have been through I know I had better give credit where credit is due and that credit is due to Christ, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything.
    He can give me skill and can take it away in a flash.....and give it back just as quick.
    I went through some things several years ago, for several years that showed me I had better check my ego at the door and know who is in charge.

Don't get me wrong I really like that you all are happy with my work but, .......... I have to be careful not to take the credit :)

That is exactly how life works.

Thing is, he gave you the ability, you chose to use it, advance it and prosper from it. His grace, your work. JMHO of course.
    So many waste these gifts. Having been blessed to share some time with you I see that you share them.

Thank you for that time and knowledge. It was not wasted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With a couple recent experiences I have had with some gunsmith work, it is becoming more evident that just like pretty much everything else I do myself, I need to do my own gunsmith work.

I admired your work, because you did it right from what I could see. I wonder where all the craftsman have gone? Not just in the firearms industry, but in most industries. It seems like whenever I decide that I am not going to do something myself and I hire it out, my wife's first response after they leave with our money is; " you should have done that yourself".

When I picked up my shotgun stock that I had a new recoil pad put on, she could tell the way I looked at it that I was not happy. As soon as we walked out of the store she told me the next time I need tooling to do something to my guns, I should just buy it and do it myself.

She is a "Keeper" my friend.

Craftsmanship is slowly dying in this age of throw away and replace. I have been so lucky to know many with just amazing skills. They want to find an apprentice to pass those skills along to. No one cares. It is hard work to not only learn a craft but expensive to get set up (tooling etc.) and maintain. Everything has to be micro-wave instant easy-peasy these days. If answers are needed....google it. If it is broken, throw it away and replace it.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    well it sure would be easy to sit back and let this thread stroke my ego :)
    Honestly though I look at a lot of work online that some people do and I wish I could be that good. I wish I had years of machine work experience behind me.
    Through some certain life lessons/illnesses in the past that I have been through I know I had better give credit where credit is due and that credit is due to Christ, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything.
    He can give me skill and can take it away in a flash.....and give it back just as quick.
    I went through some things several years ago, for several years that showed me I had better check my ego at the door and know who is in charge.

Don't get me wrong I really like that you all are happy with my work but, .......... I have to be careful not to take the credit :)

Allen we are all blessed that Christ has gave you that talent. One day there will be some up coming gunsmith looking at your work online and wishing he was that good. I showed a friend who wants some work done on his 1911 some of your recentbuilds you've done. He was speechless. After seeing your work and hearing me praise you he is going to hold off until your taking work again to have some work done on his mil spec 1911. Trigger job and slide cut for novak sights.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    At this point it looks like after the first of the year still.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    $65.00 each if they are off the receiver. It would take me a couple weeks, maybe less.

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    Allen,

I'm going to do my best to get over to see you soon with that barrel to be threaded for the AR Extension. Just place it on the work list with everyone in their proper order!

Bruce

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    Allen,

I really hate this forum's 50 post limit before replying to PMs. I can receive but can't send yet I can see guys with 52 posts selling their stuff like Arab merchants in the buy/sell forum.

THanks for the Contact Info and I will call you Thursday before I head over to the shop. I planned on going to Linden to shoot a couple of test loads from 2 ARs and a 22-250 Match Rifle in the morning and perhaps see you in the afternoon but I can shift the focus over depending on your schedule at Diamond.

Oh yes, I have been getting the same type of requests from the various American Legion Posts around the state to start working their spring events with their local TV and Radio stations as the State's Communications Director. Unfortunately, it usually requires me to drive round the state on short notice but I've already locked down Thursday as an off day.

Bruce

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    Sorry Allen, Got called into work in Indy from the gunclub in Linden so the afternoon was dealing with a minor emergency which killed the afternoon for me trying to get over to the shop. I'm going to try to carve some time next week so I don't interfere with your weekend time.

Bruce

Top Bottom