Guy Shoots Himself In The Hand At Beech Grove Range Tonight???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Was just browsing on facebook and my old boss said he was at Beech Grove tonight using the range and a guy shot himself in the hand inside the range. Anybody else hear about this? Obviously the guy didn't know the 4 rules.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How does that even happen?!?
    By being unsafe. Probably was unloading the weapon an just had to stick his finger on the trigger and press it while the other hand covered the muzzle. Or trying to cover the slide with his hand and ejecting the round while gripping the extractor and causing the round to discharge? I try to go when no one else is there. Sooo many stupid gun owners who think they don't need training and just go shoot without knowing squat about their gun

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    He was shooting a .22. He was an older guy. There shooting with two younger guys. I know at least one was his son. His boy put up a rifle after it happened but I wasn't sure if the guy was shooting a .22 hand gun or rifle

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I wonder what the one hand has against the other. It must be a psychological thing. Probably the one hand is jealous of the other because the one doesn't have to wipe or something. I'm sure his hand deserved it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could you explain this a little further? How is gripping the extractor going to fire a round?

agreed. :popcorn:

Maybe some powder burns, but blood? Unless its a REALLY short barrel and he took some of the meat off the outside of his palm below the pinky...

Top Bottom