• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Last week (nov 21st) I was in a town about 30 mins from my home for work so I thought I would stop in and ask about a HHR. I have been looking for a few weeks for the perfect one for me with little luck. Talk with the salesman he said he doesn't have it on the lot but can get in. Then he asks me to put a down payment on the car, told him I'm not putting money on a car I have not seen yet. But if it is what you promise and we can come to a deal on my trade I will take it.

My wife and I went over on Sat to test drive the HHR and let him look at our trade. We drive the car it looks like what I want, does have some scratches and a dent nothing I can't live with. It took the salesman 10 mins to say anything to my wife and that is only after I introduce her so he doesn't have a choice. We go to talk prices and was told "Your trade isn't worth what we thought so we can't do anything extra to the HHR". I'm thinking ok I haven't ask for anything extra at this point. I then asked does it come with two keys and remotes? He said it only came with one. On my first trip I told him I want to have two and as he was a Chevrolet dealer that should be easy for him to program it and save me $100 he agreed then to give me two. At this point he has a attitude and has changed the deal. He does agree to get us another key and remote but it might take a few days to find one.

We walked out side and told my wife the car has just about everything. I would like running boards and rain guards to be my "perfect" car but those aren't deal breakers I can add those my self if I have to. When we came back in I told him we want to talk it over at dinner so can we get our keys (our trade in). A manager walks over, my wife and I hold out our hands to take the keys. He all but pushes between us to throw them on the table. "The deal is today only" and walks off. That this point I'm getting upset but I will be nice for the deal.

I told the salesman "I'm I firm believer if God wants me to have this car I will get it, so if the deal is diff on Monday and I don't get the HHR so be it." He then tells me "I think God wants you to have this car and maybe you can ask Santa to get it for you".

At this point I tell him I don't need attitude and there are lots of other HHRs have a good day.

Don't be rude to my wife.
    Don't go back on your word.
    Don't be rude to me.
    Don't belittle my faith.

I heard last night the dealer ship was bought a few months ago so they have new management I guess. Talked to a guy his father in-law bought trucks from this dealer for years and a few weeks ago went in to get another new one he had a bad experience with salesmen and won't buy another truck from them. So looks like I am not the only one.

Dealer is City Chevrolet in Columbia city **Added dealer name

Last edited:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    So........tell us what dealership it is so we can avoid it.

Exactly. Don't even want to waste my time having to learn about this dealership on my own. Too many other nice places to do business with. Please let us know which dealership it is and I will avoid it!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You shouldn't have to bend over backwards and kiss his butt in order to make the deal. In fact, HE should be kissing your butt. YOU are paying HIS paycheck. And if a salesman made that comment about God wanting me to have it, and belittling my faith just to make a sale, I would walk right out the door. And being rude to your wife? I'd be hot. Customer service is lacking these days.

Be patient, your car will come along.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Poor customer service does not have to be tolerated. Go back to the dealership sometime in the middle of next week, ask them to pull up INGO and show them this thread. I'm sure it will have some interesting comments by then!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I told the salesman "I'm I firm believer if God wants me to have this car I will get it, so if the deal is diff on Monday and I don't get the HHR so be it." He then tells me "I think God wants you to have this car and maybe you can ask Santa to get it for you". At this point I tell him I don't need attitude and there are lots of other HHRs have a good day.

Good job. :rockwoot:

You only made one mistake in this whole encounter- you went to a car lot.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I agree with showing them this tread later in the week. I would also say to show them how many people are on INGO. This website can be a great way to get business or a great way to loose it.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I posted this same thing on the Chevrolet HHR forums they are world wide and guess what I found another member that has had problems with the same dealer. Small world I guess

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have been out shopping for another vehicle this week. Met some good people, met some real jerks. Looks like you just saved me a drive to Columbia City. There is too many other places out there willing to sell me a car without being rude.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My 4 month pregnant Daughter, was looking for a mini-van at Coyle Chevy here in Southern In, had pretty much the same rude experience. Her husband and her walked in to Carmax in Louisville, and walked out with a great deal, and got what they wanted for their trade-in! I want an HHR too!!!!!! Good luck!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When the manager walked in and said "It's today and today only" I would have walked at that point. They like the high pressure tactics, so be it. My response to such tactics is to call their bluff and walk out. Similar situation many moons ago and they called me a couple of days later, I told him no thanks that my interest in doing business with them was for that day and that day only!

Too many people selling cars to have to deal with a douche!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was with a buddy one time who had a similar experience at a gun shop. They had something in there we weren't expecting and my friend and the salesperson had a conversation about price. The price was agreeable and my friend said that he would need to go to an ATM to get the cash for the sale. The salesman told him that the deal was only good for right then, not 20 minutes from then. My friend looked at the salesman and said "you are an idiot" and we left. :laugh:

Top Bottom