had some car trouble at the range today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A 9mm will indeed go through two doors... IF you hit them in the correct places.

There's plenty of other stuff contained within the doors, though. The strongest bit is, of course, the crash bar / cross brace that'll hopefully keep that on-coming vehicle off your lap.

Add in the switches / electronics for the windows, the locks, the window glass itself if it's down. Then you've got the brackets, interior door panels, screws, clips, some sound insulation, etc etc etc...

If you can manage to miss all that, then handgun rounds can easily go clean through a car.

-J-

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As we learned, you had to chew a hole through the metal first, then put the rest of your rounds through that hole.

How interesting!

This is the EXACT same phenomenon we discovered when we did some penetration testing of brick-clad homes. Amazingly the single layer of brick stopped ALL of our rounds, including 7.62x39, but if we hit the same spot a second time the round zipped right through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htWl_dzQvgs&feature=player_profilepage

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing_of_residential_brick_walls_pic_heavy.html

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    spicoli.jpg

DUDE! Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Well THERE'S your problem!! :):

DSCN6319.jpg

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    That was a lot of fun! So was shooting through the windshield and shoving the muzzle through it :D

I am still tired LOL

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had a shooting day setup at my old house a few years ago and we destroyed a Mazda RX-7 with a bunch of different calibers. Man that was a fun day! :ar15: Looks like a good time to be had by all!

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Very interesting. Saw one of those SD cable shows that showed different results. In their car shoot even 9mm went all the way through. Which I found hard to believe. I could see almost anything going through the trunk area, just two pieces of sheet metal. But I could not believe a 9mm going through two doors. Your Test looks and sounds more realistic!

There must have been some kind of mistake as we all know that the 9mm is a weak caliber that would barely scratch the paint. ;)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Somewhere on the web is a picture(s) of a Texas State Trooper's car with an equal number of holes in it. I'll see if I can find it. They go from the front to the trunk. Scarry.

Top Bottom