had some car trouble at the range today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well THERE'S your problem!! :):

DSCN6320.jpg

DSCN6319.jpg

DSCN6321.jpg

DSCN6322.jpg

DSCN6285.jpg

DSCN6278.jpg

Bullets do strange and nasty things when they come into contact with vehicles, but certain parts of a car are a lot tougher than I would've imagined! Just one of many things I learned this weekend at Henk Iverson's AK Operator's Course. Full AAR will be posted in the T&T section this week...

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    this class was awesome and a first for a henk iverson course. everyone passed the qualification instead of the usual 60-80% fail rate... henk doesnt lower the standard. you either perform or you fail. kudos to the first time guys that worked there asses off. you went from zero to hero in 2 days. well done.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I want to see how you explain that to your insurance adjuster!!!!

And they had fun fun fun as they went and blew their cars away....obviously to that old T-bird song.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I like that crater in the left front fender of the minivan...:yesway::yesway::yesway:

12ga slug. Hit the fusebox and stopped. A door panel also stopped a slug, as it did almost every other caliber including .308. The shotgun did a number on the tires if you knew where to hit them, though.

Excellent penetration there!

Not really. Only about 10% of the rounds made it all the way through the vehicle. As we learned, you had to chew a hole through the metal first, then put the rest of your rounds through that hole.

This was the "incoming" side during our "mad minute" of fire...
    DSCN6322.jpg

And this was the outgoing.
    DSCN6319.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    12ga slug. Hit the fusebox and stopped. A door panel also stopped a slug, as it did almost every other caliber including .308. The shotgun did a number on the tires if you knew where to hit them, though.

Not really. Only about 10% of the rounds made it all the way through the vehicle. As we learned, you had to chew a hole through the metal first, then put the rest of your rounds through that hole.

This was the "incoming" side during our "mad minute" of fire...
    DSCN6322.jpg

And this was the outgoing.
    DSCN6319.jpg
    Very interesting. Saw one of those SD cable shows that showed different results. In their car shoot even 9mm went all the way through. Which I found hard to believe. I could see almost anything going through the trunk area, just two pieces of sheet metal. But I could not believe a 9mm going through two doors. Your Test looks and sounds more realistic!

Top Bottom