• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When my wife had me neutered, she stood beside me and watched. All of a sudden up comes a bunch of smoke, accompanied by a sizzling sound, and she goes "COOL!!" Not sure what the heck I'd done to her...

My experience was similar to the OPs. They laid me down, cut me open, then grabbed hold of a fistful of whatever they found, and pulled it out about three feet, I think my larynx ended up somewhere around my bellybutton. Or at least that's what it felt like. Along with the post op instructions that I may be a little "tender." Yeah... if tender is described as having a 20 pound sledge taken to that particular area.

Bags of frozen peas can be a man's best friend, I'm tellin' ya!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs: :bigballs:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    wowsers. so after this you only shoot blanks?

Word of advise- follow through and do the "lab work" to prove they are blanks. I worked with a guy who got the snip but didn't go back for the testing, he just figured it worked. He figured wrong. They weren't planning on having more kids, but then came another. It was not infidelity. They had that verified, and the little boy is so much like Mike that if his wife cheated, it was with Mike's long lost twin.

Here's the best part- after Mike's wife is late, they go back to the vasectomy doctor, do the tests, find out it's still a loaded gun (news flash at this point) and the doctors says "Huh, all these years and you are my first one that didn't take." Needless to say, Mike didn't let the guy have another chance to fix it, and went elsewhere. According to Mike, the original doctor actually offered to fix it for free. I find that hard to believe but hes a straight shooter, er uh, I mean he's an honest guy.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Word of advise- follow through and do the "lab work" to prove they are blanks. I worked with a guy who got the snip but didn't go back for the testing, he just figured it worked. He figured wrong. They weren't planning on having more kids, but then came another. It was not infidelity. They had that verified, and the little boy is so much like Mike that if his wife cheated, it was with Mike's long lost twin.

Here's the best part- after Mike's wife is late, they go back to the vasectomy doctor, do the tests, find out it's still a loaded gun (news flash at this point) and the doctors says "Huh, all these years and you are my first one that didn't take." Needless to say, Mike didn't let the guy have another chance to fix it, and went elsewhere. According to Mike, the original doctor actually offered to fix it for free. I find that hard to believe but hes a straight shooter, er uh, I mean he's an honest guy.

I know of a couple that had TWO kids post vastectomy. She told me that they'd done the lab work...

I told her that they should see about getting kids #3 & #4 college paid for. hehe

-J-

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    BTDT got the valium. I thought I was funny, too. I couldn't shut up and I was laughing at something when he was snipping me.

Got the lab work done as well. I'm "good to go."

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    The doc that did mine actually used the words....

"you have to bring in two samples one at 2 months and one at 4 months so we can make sure you are firing blanks" my wife looked at me and just about lost it.

So far I have been using ice packs, but if I chose a veggie to use it would be peas, I f'ing hate peas.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The worst part of mine was the needle. But i did mine in the Army right after the Gulf War. Not known to be the most gentle people, when I walked into the office and the Doc said "How ya doing Superman" I knew I was in trouble.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    We did not do the followup, I wasn't about to drive 2hrs to drop off a...er, sample.

No test firing for us, 3 years later either I miss 100% or I'm shooting blanks. Having said that, I hit 100% when I was aiming.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll bite. <Carnac> "What do you get when you urinate in the snow?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will be having this done in about three months. Not looking foward to it. I don't like needles and I don't like other people poking me with them.

I no never have nothing to ever worry about! She had her tubes tied after my son was born. Kinda sucks because I wanted four blood children instead of 2 step, 2 my own. But I'm not sure I could go through the diaper stage again.

I dunno why you guys just didn't have your girls get snipped. Apparently after birth they dont feel it anyway and they are already right there... My only fear is that one day she gets sick of me and goes off with someone else. On the other hand, now that you guys go the snip, your women are gonna be more suspicious of "late nights at the office" or "guys night out" or "range time".

The only surgeries I ever plan on having are ones that will save my life without living as a vegetable. Otherwise, keep that needle and scalple away from me!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I dunno why you guys just didn't have your girls get snipped. Apparently after birth they dont feel it anyway and they are already right there... My only fear is that one day she gets sick of me and goes off with someone else. On the other hand, now that you guys go the snip, your women are gonna be more suspicious of "late nights at the office" or "guys night out" or "range time".

The only surgeries I ever plan on having are ones that will save my life without living as a vegetable. Otherwise, keep that needle and scalple away from me!
    Well, the only time they're "right there" is if she had a C-Section. Otherwise, the risk involved is EXTREMELY larger than me getting snipped.

Top Bottom