• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh hey, an OC debate, this is new

Not really a debate, just some posts proposing that those who OC are just trying to draw attention to themselves or worse -
    they are misguided and reckless because they're not as scared as they should be.

As if Liberty had ever been secured without a bit of trouble or risk.

Many people conceal for their own reasons but don't need to make judgments of those who choose differently.

I guess they're just more secure in their choice.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If someone wants to OC, fine...but I feel that they are just trying to draw attention to themselves...I prefer to act like a mouse at a cat show, stay in the shadows and act IF the need arises, otherwise I will act like every other law abiding citzen but confident in the knowledge that IF the need arsies, I will be there if needed.

Wow. Do you read what you write? Take any other right, or any protected class people and switch it for OC in this paragraph. How about this:

"If someone wants to practice their right to free speech, fine, but I feel that they are just trying to draw attention to themselves..."

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Wow. Do you read what you write? Take any other right, or any protected class people and switch it for OC in this paragraph. How about this:

"If someone wants to practice their right to free speech, fine, but I feel that they are just trying to draw attention to themselves..."
    He's a Ninja

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's just funny, every time someone mentions they OC, you can almost set a timer to go off at the same time someone replies telling them they shouldn't

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It's just funny, every time someone mentions they OC, you can almost set a timer to go off at the same time someone replies telling them they shouldn't

Yep, and those people who say others should not OC shouldn't be allowed to speak in public because their free speech makes me uncomfortable. They should instead be subject to a warrantless arrest and taken off somewhere for some cruel and unusual punishment without benefit of counsel or a trial by jury. While they are gone we could let some soldiers live in their homes.

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010

You sir have made my point.

Tis better to keep your mouth shut and leave doubt to your ignorance than to open your mouth and prove it.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN

I'm new to this forum, but even I have noticed that! If you don't want to OC, then don't. People that do want to OC have the right to do so. THEY are the ones that are helping to educate LEOs and the public of the gun laws and right to carry however people choose. They are also the guys/girls that are helping to deter criminals from ever STARTING a situation. CC is great too, but stop trying to force your opinion on others......it gets old.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm new to this forum, but even I have noticed that! If you don't want to OC, then don't. People that do want to OC have the right to do so. THEY are the ones that are helping to educate LEOs and the public of the gun laws and right to carry however people choose. They are also the guys/girls that are helping to deter criminals from ever STARTING a situation. CC is great too, but stop trying to force your opinion on others......it gets old.
    :eek: HOLY REVIVED THREAD BATMAN!

Top Bottom