• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    not sure if this post goes here but ill give it a try, so my gf wants to go to Hattie for 3 months alone, and Im terrified she will be kidnapped and never found, her family has gone before for mission work and she told me she was crying at night cause it was so hot and she only drank coke cause the water was so bad and she didn't trust it being filtered. I love her very much and unfortunately she thinks she has a protective bubble around her and is very trusting of strangers, so my question is what can I do to stop her from being on the missing persons poster?,

I would wonder why in the hell she would want to go back.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Romans 8:28 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

The book mentioned byJettaKnight
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_Gates_of_Splendor
    The book tells the tale of five missionaries in Ecuador that gave their lives.

recounts the story of 4 men who were eaten by the Auaca Indians , whose wives eventually eventually reached these people.

Faith is that Gods Will will be done through whatever means He deems necessary.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Mission work is immensely rewarding.

I urge her to seek Godly counsel and spend much time in prayer seeking God's will for her if she should travel, with a group, to Haiti on a mission trip.

I personally know several people who have been. And if you go just a few layers of separation away from that, I know many many others who have also gone to Haiti on mission trips.

Followers of Jesus are called to serve. Even to the point of great personal discomfort - and further.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are either all Kentucky or no Kentucky, T'aint no branches on dem thar trees.

BTW in North and South Carolina there is no coke, only Pepsi.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    RC = Coke
    Ale8 = Coke

Some of us southern boys have a more refined pallet and prefer :

81tccCKy49L._SY679_.jpg
    banana-moon-pie.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's difficult to make any change in the world, and often in your own life, without some risk. Everyone's tolerance to risk is different. I had family try to talk me out of being a soldier, out of being a contractor, out of being a cop...basically out of the life I live. My response was basically support me or get out of my way.

So, my advice is support her or get out of each others way so you can both find someone more compatible. If someone feels they have a mission, and you thwart that, that resentment is going to bubble until it explodes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep. I stopped by to watch the train wreck but it’s not too bad. Although we should take note that the OP hasn’t posted much here yet.

You're right!

This could still go horribly, horribly wrong very quickly.

Thank you for rekindling my hope!

Top Bottom