• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Saw her big damn action sequence in the movie tonight. It was...yeah, it was pretty awesome. She clearly worked her ass off to be able to do it and look convincing. There's a tendency for Hollywood to do a bunch of crazy flipping **** with camera tricks to make up for the unbelievability of a little twig of an actress hitting a grown man, and there's a little bit of that, but her stuff was fairly grounded and convincing. As pointed out, she is not 20 years old anymore, and what she learned how to do for this movie is VERY impressive.

Also, dude, there are horse kills in this movie.

Like on Jonah Hex?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Mr. GunsNGear shows off some of the prop guns used in the movie.

[video=youtube_share;vLXPIKLXtQw]http://youtu.be/vLXPIKLXtQw[/video]

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "They're sending a killer commando squad after us, and they're wearing crazy sci-fi armor."

"Armor? I know, I'll grab a PCC."

Bruhhhhh.... :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    "They're sending a killer commando squad after us, and they're wearing crazy sci-fi armor."

I know.... about only thing in the movie that made me go "like wtf, why?" but I get it, it was done for the sake of the scene but just seemed like John Wick would know better especially since he used AR's in the previous movies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I know.... about only thing in the movie that made me go "like wtf, why?" but I get it, it was done for the sake of the scene but just seemed like John Wick would know better especially since he used AR's in the previous movies.

I read an interview with the director where he talked a bit about that scene. Basically, it was crafted as an excuse to shoot a lot more and make Wick use hits to stun or distract enemies while he went for weak points as though he was fighting enemies in old plate armor. Makes sense, at this point we're used to Wick dropping people left and right with head shots.

Also, it set up the amazing payoff when the Benellis and "armor-piercing slugs" came out.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

But he had a pistol in 9mm MAJOR!!!!!!

WTF? I guess John Wick movies are just made to sell guns now. He was literally surrounded by more effective firearms, including literally anything in a rifle caliber.

Still though, I want some of that fancy body armor that lets you just shrug off pistol bullets as if they are hitting you with low velocity spitballs.

Also, without much in the way of spoilers, was anyone else bothered by the mix and match revolver scene? If you saw it already, you know the one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We should probably pump the brakes a bit. Some of y'all are starting to sound like Game of Thrones fans discussing the final episodes. :):

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Dont count on it. Lots of folks think that guns are fine in the field or at the range, but have no place in polite society. (outside of the hands of LEO)
    THIS^^^
    Not only do they think guns have no place in polite society (except in the hands of their guards) but the message of hollywood's garbage is designed to reinforce that view. Yeah, barry works real hard to look young and to prepare for her roll but I'm not subsidizing hollywood's propaganda. Excuse me while I go wring out my wet blanket.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If we skipped movies with people who disagree with us we would not see very many movies.

I really enjoyed John Wick 3 and look forward to 4.
    Understood. Never mind that I don't mind not seeing many movies, my real problem is with subsidizing "guns=crime&mayhem" propaganda by anti gun hypocrites.
    Hollywood presenting guns and violence--somewhat accurately--in some quasi-historical context:
    "Jerimiah Johnson" (mtn man); "The sting"; "Saving Pvt Ryan"; "Survivor"; "Band of Brothers"; even "butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid"; is another matter. I enjoyed those. The scene at the end of "American Sniper" where Chris Kyle is portrayed as "playing around", waving a single action revolver at his wife, DESTROYED the film for me. If I want to watch someone shoot like John Wick, I'd rather watch the USPSA nationals on youtube and pass on the subliminal anti gun BS--and not support it:twocents:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    smRwEuK.jpg

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have to say, I thought the whole shotgun part of JW2 was ridiculous.
    Bring more mags for the AR and leave the shotgun at the hotel.

Top Bottom