Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Ham Radio Technician License Class - One day with test at conclusion;

Mid-state Amateur Radio Club
    PO Box 836, Franklin, IN 46131

The Mid-State Amateur Radio Club is holding an all day Technician License class on February 11, 2012 beginning at 8AM. This entry level Amateur Radio license class is being held in the training room at the Johnson County Sheriff’s office at 1000 Hospital Road in Franklin, IN. The eight hour class will cover all the rules, regulations and technology necessary to pass the 35-question test at the end of the day.

The class is free to the public but we require all class members to pre-purchase the Ham Radio License Manual from the American Radio Relay League’s on-line site at: www.arrl.org/ , in the Licensing and Education section.
    This will be a condensed class and we recommend students to study the workbook before attending the February class.
    Pre-register on-line at: secretary@midstatehams.org/ Class size is limited so we recommend signing up as soon as possible.
    The Mid-State ARC as well as the Amateur Radio Community look forward to welcoming you into the exciting hobby of Amateur Radio. Our hobby is also a community resource for public service and disaster communications. We are recognized by Homeland Security as a vital communications link for local and global communications when disaster strikes. As a ham radio operator you will have the skills to communicate in various modes including analog, digital and even satellite communications.
    Amateur Radio operators are on the front line of severe weather reporting for the National Weather Service. Through the Skywarn program we become the eyes and ears of the NWS by providing “ground truth” when severe weather strikes.
    Amateur Radio operators purchase and maintain their own equipment and pass health and welfare information during critical public service events and disasters. The Technician License Class will give each student the tools to become a trained communicator in their community.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Question I am /have been trying to get ready to take the test. I have already gotten the book you mentioned 1st edition ISBN:0-87259-963-9. Will that be OK? I will pre register now.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Glad to see your interest in ham radio!

The current ARRL license manual is;

ISBN: 978-0-87259-097-7 Revised Second Edition

which was updated for the new question pool effective 7/1/2010. The latest question pool is available online and can be downloaded at:

NCVEC - Technician Class Element 2 Valid 7/01/10-6/30/14

I would suggest you send an email to:

secretary@midstatehams.org

for further clarification concerning the text book.
    Here is the link to the Mid-State club site

The Mid-State Amateur Radio Club Welcomes You!

If there is anything I can do to assist you in any way please know that I am more than happy to do so. I have had my license for 35 years and enjoy the hobby as much as ever. Hope to hear you on the air sometime next month!

N9MB

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    It is great to see such classes being offered to the public!

I just passed the exam for my technician class license today. I used this website: HamTestOnline™ - Ham Radio Exam Courses Made it super simple. Just spent about 45 minutes a day for about a week. It is cool because you can take different types of practice exams (simulated exam, most often missed, weak areas, etc) to drill the material before the actual exam. Gives you great confidence when you consistently pass the practice exams.

The general and extra online courses may be a good addition to the above in person technician class course.

Last edited:

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    It is great to see such classes being offered to the public!

I just passed the exam for my technician class license today. I used this website: HamTestOnline™ - Ham Radio Exam Courses Made it super simple. Just spent about 45 minutes a day for about a week. It is cool because you can take different types of practice exams (simulated exam, most often missed, weak areas, etc) to drill the material before the actual exam. Gives you great confidence when you consistently pass the practice exams.

The general and extra online courses may be a good addition to the above in person technician class course.

Congratulations! Let us know when you get your callsign. In the mean time I'm sure you'll be looking at some radios.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    The class is FREE, you will need to purchase and read the study manual and there is usually a fee to take the test, I think the max is $14.

Regulus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    There was a great turnout for the class. Thanks for offering this to the public. I passed my test today and am now a ham!

Top Bottom