• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Congrats to everyone that was able to attend the class yesterday and pass the Technician Exam. Don't forget to buy the book on the General Class license and come back next month to upgrade.

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for the heads up for this class...I brought a buddy and we both passed our technician exam. There was a good turnout and all of the instructors were friendly and helpful.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Ok, we need to wear some sort of indicator who was ingo'er and who was not. I was there and after the test I asked around and just got looked at like I was stupid. lol
    So next class or meeting who says we all agree to wear a hat backwards, or put a start on our name tags or something?

Also next month is the General Exam going to have a class before it like Sat's did? Which book should be bought the blue one on arrl?

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Congratulations to all of you guys who took the class and passed the test. Now you can start shopping for equipment and don't be afraid to ask questions, there's plenty of experience here to go around. Post back when your call signs come in.

jamin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bluffton
    I was also at the class and passed. I agree with finding some way of identifying ingo members. I sat in my seat(back row right hand side) and tried to figure who i thought was also a member. Might have to get ingo hat and put call sign on it, that would take care of both groups.

As for the class, i thought it was well put together. Instructors and other members were great all were helpful and didnt seem to mind giving up a day to make sure we passed. I drove two hours to attend and will again if they offer a class for general. I will recommended this club and class to anyone.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    As far as ID'ing goes. Why not have every one OC while there. I might make it to general class when it comes around.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Heard this on the radio this morning...19 students, 17 took the test, 12 passed. That is very very good. If you missed the test, study a little bit each week and come back next month to take it again. Congrats to all the new hams!

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Heard this on the radio this morning...19 students, 17 took the test, 12 passed. That is very very good. If you missed the test, study a little bit each week and come back next month to take it again. Congrats to all the new hams!

Bob are you one of the WA9RDF repeater users? I monitor 146.835 and if U are I'll give a shout if I hear U.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Bob are you one of the WA9RDF repeater users? I monitor 146.835 and if U are I'll give a shout if I hear U.

Nope. Not a regular there. I have checked in to the Sunday night net a few times but I am usually doing something then and miss it.

I listen more than I talk...I heard some folks discussing it on the 146.700 repeater.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What book does one need to start studying for this?

Use the ARRL General Class License Manual as your textbook. The 7th edition supports preparation for the FCC exam question pool in use effective July 1, 2011 thru June 30, 2015.

You can order it from the ARRL website at American Radio Relay League | ARRL - The national association for AMATEUR RADIO

You can also get FREE mentoring online from this website for any of the FCC Amateur Radio Exams.

Free Mentoring

Use the AA9PW FCC Exam Practice website for free practice exams.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I asked earlier and think I may of gotten missed.
    Is there going to be any "Genereal classes" like there was for the tech test?

I am not aware of and General classes however you can study the General class License Manual and take the test at any of the clubs in your area offering testing.

The Mid-State Amateur Radio Club testing schedule for 2012 is:

March 17, 2012
    April 21, 2012
    May 19, 2012
    June 16, 2012
    July 21, 2012
    August 18, 2012
    September 15, 2012
    October 20, 2012
    November 17, 2012
    December 15, 2012

The Mid-State Amateur Radio Club offers ARRL Volunteer Exam sessions immediately following the club meeting. Tests are held starting at approximately Nine O-Clock AM in the basement of the Johnson County Law Enforcement Center, located at 1111 Hospital Road, in Franklin. The Law Enforcement Center is just south of Johnson Memorial Hospital, and near to U.S. 31 South.

Top Bottom