• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    For the ignorant among us, why does the boat's hull look wrinkled?
    The ribs and stringers. The hull plating tends to get "dented" by wave action when the craft is under way. The ribs and stringers support he hull plates but in-between them they get "dished" inwards.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I’m no legal expert, I don’t even play one on tv, but I thought there was some legal issues with supporting, or giving support and aid, to a terrorist organization? This seems to be a pretty clear case of support.
    Because they are supporting "Palestine". Gives the .gov an out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well. When I say X, and people say, so you're saying Y, then I get to say no, you're saying I'm saying something I didn't say.

It's not equivocating. I'm saying the times you've done it, you fabricating structures of straw as an argumentation device that you can easily destroy. To be clear, I'm not saying that happened in my conversation with rbhargan.

In the post where I started off with agreeing to most of what he said, I detailed the narrow part I disagreed with. I did not think he was trying to strawman what I was saying. I think he simply mistook it. My post had nothing to do with moral relativity. But with typical teal fruits of the spirit, you jumped in to try to make it about something else.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just one?
    I suspect its all they have left.
    I’m no legal expert, I don’t even play one on tv, but I thought there was some legal issues with supporting, or giving support and aid, to a terrorist organization? This seems to be a pretty clear case of support.
    Meh. Until they offer material support, its still free speech.

And remember, THIS is the reason for the 1A. For the stuff you disagree with. I welcome and encourage these clowns to exercise their 1A rights. It makes it easier for us to know who to keep an eye on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For the ignorant among us, why does the boat's hull look wrinkled?

Ships aren't as 'armored' as people think.
    The minimum thickness necessary to do the job, with a bit of a safety margin.

So, thousands of tons of ship slapping into waves and troughs, metal gets bent a bit.

Of course, that is surface ships.

Subs have different dynamics.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I suspect its all they have left.

Meh. Until they offer material support, its still free speech.

And remember, THIS is the reason for the 1A. For the stuff you disagree with. I welcome and encourage these clowns to exercise their 1A rights. It makes it easier for us to know who to keep an eye on.
    You make a good point.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ships aren't as 'armored' as people think.
    The minimum thickness necessary to do the job, with a bit of a safety margin.

So, thousands of tons of ship slapping into waves and troughs, metal gets bent a bit.

Of course, that is surface ships.

Subs have different dynamics.

Interesting, I would have thought that with the advances in tank armor some of that tech would have transferred to surface ships. I remember the beating UK ships took from Argie Exocets and am reminded by the beating the Russians seem to be taking from drones.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A
    Interesting, I would have thought that with the advances in tank armor some of that tech would have transferred to surface ships. I remember the beating UK ships took from Argie Exocets and am reminded by the beating the Russians seem to be taking from drones.
    Armoring ships is problematic.
    Makes maintenance a copper plated Bi***.
    Costs go up.
    Fuel consumption up.
    Less space available for living space, weapons, sensors, etc.
    And, the enemy can always resort to a nuke, which kinda makes the armor wasted.
    Better to shoot down or evade threats.

Well, at least so far.
    Rules of warfighting are subject to change

Top Bottom