• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don’t see any civilians in gaza. I see terrorists and terrorists that are training youngsters to be terrorists. “Civilians dragging Israelis behind cars until their face is gone”. Is not the actions of a real civilian, but rather a terrorist.

Then why do they need smart bombs?

All of these conflicting statements, just seeking to justify an agenda.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The central government is aiding hamas at the same time it does israel.
    Let me get this straight; we're giving weapons to Israel, we're giving aid to Hamas, and at the same time, we're broke and borrowing money to get by?
    That is too ridiculous to believe. Next, you'll try to tell me that weapons can't be replaced quickly should the US get into a shooting war.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

I think if you go back and read only his posts, you'll see that Shadow01 has been pretty consistent on this. He's said since the beginning that Israel just needs to carpet bomb Gaza into oblivion, pretty much, and I don't believe he's ever contradicted himself, or claimed that the need smart bombs.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The people who need gone are those who would take our freedom of speech.

As a fellow American citizen, I would request that you stop with the uniparty nonsense, and start caring about our constitution.
    Freedom of speech means everyone gets to voice their thoughts and opinions, not just the ones we prefer (or wish) to hear. That's the only way it works. That's the only way it is a complete and valid ideal.

The attack on free speech is the issue that was discussed. The free speech that is happening at the various colleges as long as it's lawful and respectful, should be allowed. If it crosses the boundary into unlawful and harmful, it should be stopped. But telling a US citizen they no longer can have their freedom of speech, means that applies not only to them(the protestors). But to the entirety of the US citizenry.

The same as J-6th, as long as the protesting was lawful and respectful it should have been allowed. Should the people that were there lawfully be facing all of the criminal charges for exercising their free speech, no. Should the people that smashed windows and stole items be held responsible, yes.

The same as BLM, if the protests were lawful and respectful it should be allowed. When you riot and loot and destroy, then you should be immediately stopped. But not for lawfully standing up for your viewpoint.

The beauty of freedom, is choice. If you don't want to listen to X, don't. If you want to listen to Y, do. You get to choose. You either have free speech and everyone gets an opinion, or everyone gets nothing.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Freedom of speech means everyone gets to voice their thoughts and opinions, not just the ones we prefer (or wish) to hear. That's the only way it works. That's the only way it is a complete and valid ideal.

The attack on free speech is the issue that was discussed. The free speech that is happening at the various colleges as long as it's lawful and respectful, should be allowed. If it crosses the boundary into unlawful and harmful, it should be stopped. But telling a US citizen they no longer can have their freedom of speech, means that applies not only to them(the protestors). But to the entirety of the US citizenry.

The same as J-6th, as long as the protesting was lawful and respectful it should have been allowed. Should the people that were there lawfully be facing all of the criminal charges for exercising their free speech, no. Should the people that smashed windows and stole items be held responsible, yes.

The same as BLM, if the protests were lawful and respectful it should be allowed. When you riot and loot and destroy, then you should be immediately stopped. But not for lawfully standing up for your viewpoint.

The beauty of freedom, is choice. If you don't want to listen to X, don't. If you want to listen to Y, do. You get to choose. You either have free speech and everyone gets an opinion, or everyone gets nothing.
    I can agree with this. They have the right to say what they want. They do not have to right to occupy buildings or land, to destroy things, or to hamper other people trying to go about their day.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Let me get this straight; we're giving weapons to Israel, we're giving aid to Hamas, and at the same time, we're broke and borrowing money to get by?
    That is too ridiculous to believe. Next, you'll try to tell me that weapons can't be replaced quickly should the US get into a shooting war.

That's your worthless piece of **** gov for you.

Hell of a **** hole we are leaving our children and grandchildren.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

They need smart bombs because too many people expect a war to be conducted without 'unnecessary' bloodshed, which only highlights their ignorance of war

Smart weapons are the 'minimize collateral damage' merit badge. A 155mm shell contains just over 15 lbs of HE and has a kill radius of about 50 meters by blast alone, ignoring shrapnel effects (which occur haphazardly to a greater radius)

Now imagine the kill radius of a 2000lb bomb. How much do you think it matters to the neighbors whether or not it lands directly on your dinner table?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would submit that they are not trying to convince others by use of free speech. By using intimidation and lawlessness, and being allowed to get away with it by TPTB, they wish to demonstrate power not make reasoned arguments. That university administrations and police are demonstrating greater power is the only thing that is pushing them onto their back foot and bringing about a sudden concern for anybody's 'rights'

If they regain the upper hand, do you think they will exhibit some new-found concern for the rights of others?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They need smart bombs because too many people expect a war to be conducted without 'unnecessary' bloodshed, which only highlights their ignorance of war

Smart weapons are the 'minimize collateral damage' merit badge. A 155mm shell contains just over 15 lbs of HE and has a kill radius of about 50 meters by blast alone, ignoring shrapnel effects (which occur haphazardly to a greater radius)

Now imagine the kill radius of a 2000lb bomb. How much do you think it matters to the neighbors whether or not it lands directly on your dinner table?
    Mk-84 has 997 lbs of C-4 IIRC. Small Diameter Bombs 250 pound GPS guided are 75 pounds of explosives maybe.

I did hang out with Ammo troops back in the day.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I would submit that they are not trying to convince others by use of free speech. By using intimidation and lawlessness, and being allowed to get away with it by TPTB, they wish to demonstrate power not make reasoned arguments. That university administrations and police are demonstrating greater power is the only thing that is pushing them onto their back foot and bringing about a sudden concern for anybody's 'rights'

If they regain the upper hand, do you think they will exhibit some new-found concern for the rights of others?
    I don't by any means support what they are protesting for and how they are going about it. But it is their right to lawfully demonstrate and protest.

Just as it was Maga folks right to protest their beliefs on J6th. You can apply the same set of "lenses" to view them as you just did to the college campus protestors. Maga's wanted to show power and could not be reasoned with. They were only concerned with their perspective of the election and how they felt about their rights. Their show of force was to intimidate and force compliance.

Personally, I believe they are lunatics and many are paid to protest and have crossed (in many cases) in to unlawful behavior and they DESERVE the harsher treatment they are receiving.

But that is the line for me personally on the topic of free speech. It is our right to express our freedom of speech lawfully as US citizens.

If/When one crosses that boundary and starts burning stuff down, looting, assaulting people, etc and you're no longer in free speech territory. You've become a criminal hiding behind a cause.

But you must allow that everyone has equal right to their free speech or free speech no longer exists.

**Edited to add: Take away the 2nd Amendment and take away free speech and goodbye USA.

Top Bottom