• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    Have you heard any rumors for what they are considering next? I've heard Sig has discontinued the 227 so I imagine they'll eventually have to switch. If you dont mind sharing, what were the other duty weapons that were issued? I've seen the ISP S&W 66 on a youtube video floating around of a trooper demonstrating the proper use of a speed loader. The video looks to be from the 80s.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Have you heard any rumors for what they are considering next? I've heard Sig has discontinued the 227 so I imagine they'll eventually have to switch. If you dont mind sharing, what were the other duty weapons that were issued? I've seen the ISP S&W 66 on a youtube video floating around of a trooper demonstrating the proper use of a speed loader. The video looks to be from the 80s.

I haven't heard that. Traditionally, ISP buys enough weapons to ensure there are several, several spares. I will do some sniffing around and see if they are considering switching. However, when we went to the SIGs in 2014, Supt. Carter observed they were the kind of weapon that could hold up to last for a career.

The resurrected video is Sergeant Dave Benjamin, my academy instructor and an all around good guy. I still run into him on the southside occasionally. You're right, the video is from 1988, when the department FINALLY decided speed loaders were okay. Grudgingly.

Top Bottom