• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Great post Mark! I have all but the Beretta .380 and the Glock 22 that we had briefly. I managed years ago to find an buy one of our old S&W 66's with the emblem.

Thanks! I'm glad that you were able to find one of the S&W's, because that you could get one, and to keep those weapons "in the family."

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So do you open carry the S&W on the left and the Sig on the right, or otherway round? :D

p.s. congrats on your retirement, thanks for your service, and good luck in the newer career.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    So do you open carry the S&W on the left and the Sig on the right, or otherway round? :D

p.s. congrats on your retirement, thanks for your service, and good luck in the newer career.

Actually, I shrank the Sig!

p938.jpg

This is one of my two EDC's. The other is a Colt Government Model, so I carry depending on what I'm doing and how I'm dressed.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes thanks for your service, I had at one time issued a 2nd gen Glock-22, MC092SD.
    Turned it in later and have no clue where it is.
    My Safariland III holster had a burr on the inside from the snap fastener and it shaved the right side of the trigger guard polymer on that pistol I would recognize it anywhere.

Later I found MC173SD, same set up eighty-one GLOCK-22's later.

So I umdeestand how those old duty weapons appeal to a few of us.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yes thanks for your service, I had at one time issued a 2nd gen Glock-22, MC092SD.
    Turned it in later and have no clue where it is.
    My Safariland III holster had a burr on the inside from the snap fastener and it shaved the right side of the trigger guard polymer on that pistol I would recognize it anywhere.

Later I found MC173SD, same set up eighty-one GLOCK-22's later.

So I umdeestand how those old duty weapons appeal to a few of us.

Were you able to acquire MC173SD?

My G17 is ISP6078. It is gratifying that they did a little something to personalize the weapons to the agencies.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    That's awesome!! I think the era of police departments transitioning to semi-auto pistols is fascinating. I got to talk to a former trooper last year about it. He reminisced on the revolver days, and talked about the Glock issue you mentioned. Enjoy your firearms and have a merry Christmas!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on retirement and thank you for your service. I have a good friend that retired from the ISP a couple of years ago and he was able to hold on to his first and last sidearms as well. His P227 S/N was even matched to his badge number which is really kind of cool. I don’t know if you know Denny Ellis, but it sounds like the two of you served during similar time periods.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Congrats on retirement and thank you for your service. I have a good friend that retired from the ISP a couple of years ago and he was able to hold on to his first and last sidearms as well. His P227 S/N was even matched to his badge number which is really kind of cool. I don’t know if you know Denny Ellis, but it sounds like the two of you served during similar time periods.

Yes, I got to know Denny after I transferred to GHQ, and our offices were near each other. That's cool that he was able to get the weapon with a S/N. I knew of him when I was out in the field, and he was a bit of a long-timer then. Good guy, smart and easy to get along with.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My oldest son retired from ISP a few years ago with the same "first and last" issue weapons. Both of them have the shield on them too.

I used to occasionally work with Dave when he was assigned to Owen County and I was at Putnamville. He approaches everything with passion and dedication, values I am sure you helped instill in him. I did not see him as much after he transferred south, only occasionally at training, etc.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes, I got to know Denny after I transferred to GHQ, and our offices were near each other. That's cool that he was able to get the weapon with a S/N. I knew of him when I was out in the field, and he was a bit of a long-timer then. Good guy, smart and easy to get along with.

Yup, good guy to have as a neighbor and friend.

Virch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2018
    Greenville
    Given the dates of service, it seems the following video is appropriate.[video=youtube;b2B48FmLkys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2B48FmLkys[/video]

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Given the dates of service, it seems the following video is appropriate.

That is a very young (weren't we all) Dave Benjamin in the video. When we started I had the dump pouches like the trooper at the beginning of the video. We were actually forbidden from carrying speed loaders until a shoot out in Indianapolis where the trooper's unauthorized speed loaders made the difference (fortunately, the trooper only received a minor leg injury from a .22).

The decision to transition to speed loaders was a big, big deal. Seems like a no-brainer by today's standards.

Top Bottom