• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Glock 17 in a metal strong box bolted to the floor, or cable locked to a metal mounting bracket for the seat. Avoid gunvault, their customer service is worse than comcast.

It's a car/truck gun. It can be full size. Capacity matters especially with the riots and the good chance more riots will be happening.

Yup, mines a used HK P30L

w extra mags.

Got under 500 in it.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    When I worked on West Washington and lived in Pendleton I not only worked in a rough neighborhood but sometimes due to traffic, traveled through other rough neighborhoods, and occasionally got stuck in interstate traffic. I put a shotgun in a case under a shipping blanket in the trunk. My fear at the time was getting stuck in traffic and needing to extricate myself from a situation. I figured that was the best tool for the ranges I might encounter and I could get to it fairly quickly; not immediately of course but I felt better having it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I keep a sling bag with 4 extra pistol mags for my EDC and 3 AR mags. I also have a Leatherman multitool in it.

Probably behind the times, just recently discovered sling bags. Bought 3 of them from Amazon, two of them I have uses for, now the third one can carry spare mags.
    Perfect.

The Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Evansville
    I know others have already said it, but the Ruger GP100 is a good candidate. It's really easy to shoot because of the full sized rubber grip. It's very reliable. It's kinda scary looking (IMO) at least I wouldn't want someone pointing one at me. Also it's heavy enough to throw if you miss with all your shots.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably behind the times, just recently discovered sling bags. Bought 3 of them from Amazon, two of them I have uses for, now the third one can carry spare mags.
    Perfect.
    They had the SOGs back on sale last week (might be regular price but gun.deals said it was a sale) on Amazon so I bought another. I guess i can go AR for one and AK for the other.

Lacthaus

Baja Blaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Surplus handguns are a great choice for truck/car guns! Very cheap and extremely durable. Tokarevs would probably be a good choice for the round it uses. This is all assuming you don't care for mag/ammo compatibility with your EDC.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are we talking about leaving the firearm in the vehicle 24/7/365? Or just leaving it in while at work or other places you can't carry then bring it in over night?

Top Bottom