• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have a coworker who is not anti gun, but refuses to carry especially in a vehicle because of his temperament. I applaud him for knowing his limitations and not putting himself in a bad situation.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My pistol is a tool to get me to my rifle. So I have an AR in the truck with my cling back with more pistol mags and extra AR mags.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    So how do you all store your gun in your car? I ask because I'm starting to think about how I can get a lockbox or something like that in my car in a way that's not clunky or obvious.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    First of all, I would like to thank the 80% of you who replied with some good ideas as to what to choose for a truck gun. I will take all your options to heart when I make my decision.

To the remaining 20% of you who seemed to miss the entire point of my post, well if I had wanted your opinion about WHY to have a gun in my truck, I would have asked you that directly. Perhaps you are not familiar with the term "situational awareness" or like most Monday morning quarterbacks, you have never been in harms way. No worries. I have broad shoulders and simply consider the source when reading your judgmental and myopic comments.

Please continue to reply to my thread as I am getting some great ideas and options from you. But please keep your unsolicited and opinionated comments to your self.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    So how do you all store your gun in your car? I ask because I'm starting to think about how I can get a lockbox or something like that in my car in a way that's not clunky or obvious.
    I have a pretty elaborate system that is hard to know it's there else I'd use a lock box. My truck is a single cab as well and the glove box locks. A lock box under the seat is a good one; some on here have discussed how they weld it to the frame if that is a possibility.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I have a pretty elaborate system that is hard to know it's there else I'd use a lock box. My truck is a single cab as well and the glove box locks. A lock box under the seat is a good one; some on here have discussed how they weld it to the frame if that is a possibility.

Thanks! I don’t have a ton to work with so I may have to figure out a way to cable a lockbox to my car.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I use a basic under the seat lock box with a cable around the frame of the seat. Not Fort Knox, but good enough to prevent a tweaker from stealing your gun during a smash and grab. Really the only time I ever need to use it is if I'm doing something at my kid's school.

s-l300.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I use a basic under the seat lock box with a cable around the frame of the seat. Not Fort Knox, but good enough to prevent a tweaker from stealing your gun during a smash and grab. Really the only time I ever need to use it is if I'm doing something at my kid's school.

s-l300.jpg

That's pretty much what I had in mind. For those instances where I really can't carry a gun into wherever I'm headed but want to leave somewhat protected while in the car.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have two of those and a Sentry Car Safe, which is no longer produced, I saw a bigger lock box version at Rural King last week, larger and wider for $35, I had never seen one that big before in a standard lock box.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

With all the riots and such lately, I have felt the need for a little more firepower and a "reach out and touch someone" type, so the 10.5" AR15 handgun with the SBA3 brace is in the trunk, carried condition 3 with a loaded 30 in place. Legal to carry with a handgun permit, where the longer rifle version would not be unless it were unloaded. 5 spare mags in the typical black nylon case, I do need to come up with a better way of carrying the mags.

Can someone point me to the IC on not having a loaded rifle in your vehicle? All I can find talks about ATVs and snowmobiles.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    First of all, I would like to thank the 80% of you who replied with some good ideas as to what to choose for a truck gun. I will take all your options to heart when I make my decision.

To the remaining 20% of you who seemed to miss the entire point of my post, well if I had wanted your opinion about WHY to have a gun in my truck, I would have asked you that directly. Perhaps you are not familiar with the term "situational awareness" or like most Monday morning quarterbacks, you have never been in harms way. No worries. I have broad shoulders and simply consider the source when reading your judgmental and myopic comments.

Please continue to reply to my thread as I am getting some great ideas and options from you. But please keep your unsolicited and opinionated comments to your self.

Wow with those broad sexy shoulders of yours, I'd expect you to be able to handle someone listening to music at a high volume. :joke:

I live near 38th street, if I took shots at everyone with loud music is shoot myself and 20 people around me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Perhaps you are not familiar with the term "situational awareness" or like most Monday morning quarterbacks, you have never been in harms way. No worries. I have broad shoulders and simply consider the source when reading your judgmental and myopic comments.

Only on INGO can military veterans and career cops be lectured about situational awareness and being in "harm's way" by a broad-shouldered hero who is scared of loud music and can't figure out what kind of gun to carry in his vehicle without validation from strangers on the internet.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I agree with some others here that the best gun is your EDC on your person. If it needs to be left in the vehicle during the day then have it secured while you are away from it, then you don't need to worry about getting a less expensive gun because it's not going to get stolen. So get a good reliable EDC gun and prove it for yourself that it's reliable by training with it a lot, then find a way to secure it in your vehicle if you have to be away from it, and when you get back in your vehicle then make it accessible again.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wow with those broad sexy shoulders of yours, I'd expect you to be able to handle someone listening to music at a high volume. :joke:

I live near 38th street, if I took shots at everyone with loud music is shoot myself and 20 people around me.
    All we need now is A ghetto rap remix from the theme for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly cranked up to 11 :draw:

Top Bottom