• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Correct but the OP is still a valid question.
    What handgun(s) hold the most. Some may want that information, some may want to buy a handgun with xyz bullets in it, others could care less and must have a laser on it, others will only use it if it's .45, etc...

Indeed and my apologies for getting off point!!! :yesway: to ya

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    jediagh - I've carried the Para-Ordinance P14 45acp for years with the +1 extensions. Makes it 15+1. Great gun but to make it dependable, I had to have my smith modify it out like most my 1911s- $$$$$.

Now I carry the Glock 17L 9mm -Yes the Long Slide Target model (long story) with the pearce +3 extensions making it 20 +1. I didn't see that the extensions were too long for giving 3 more rounds. All my mags have these on them and they'll fit the other 9mm Glocks. By backup Mag is in my G26. I carry both daily. My IWBs for both are Kholsters and are very comfortable. Nobody knows I'm caring but me. Kholster is also a tuckable holster also.

Yes that's a crazy long gun to conceal in the waist. It took a lot of placements and angles to get it right.
    No I don't carry the 33rd mag - It makes me look Fat :n00b:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks Dead Duck I have read on other boards and have been told by old timers that 1911's with "double stack" mags are what causes the most issues in 1911s. IE 1911 were NOT designed to be "double stack" (& thus "hi-capacity") carries.

Sorry but I could not finish reading your text as you lost me after the word GLOCK.

I can not ever see myself carrying a GLOCK. I have tired a few out and they keep bring them to the NWI MEET & SHOOTs but they (GLOCKs) have never felt right in my hands. Guess deep inside I do want a GLOCK witth a 33 mag count.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Personally, I'm a 1911 guy. Always have been.

I Hate Glocks -Hated then - Hate now - Hate always. :xmad:
    (that said, I carry 2) :D
    As you have found, they don't feel right in my hand, the weight, the grip, whatever it is it's just not right for me.

I got mine from family and the price was right. 1.00 dollar guns. Didn't want them but the price was right. I couldn't keep risking to carry my 1911s because of the fear of the carry damage to them - dings, finish. It was a catch 22 for spending the money to make them reliable I created masterpieces that turned into Safe Queens and I just couldn't bring myself to carry them because of it.

I know that's why I got them in the first place and some guys will just carry them anyway. It's like an old car you decide to kind-of restore and you end up making it a show car. Do you now drive it daily? Or garage it just for show?

The Glocks work out for me because I don't mind running them into doorways or sliding them around and getting them all dinged up because - I don't care. They are my Thrasher Guns. Most here may argue how wonderful they are and such a pretty gun - BS. (getting dinked for this one)
    Ill give them this - Very dependable, reliable and can take a beating so they are Functional for sure.

Having a Glock is like Carrying a Redheaded Stepchild or a Hi-Point.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Dead Duck and Jeidagh,

I have had no issues at all with my 1911 double stack RIA.
    It has been dependable as can be, right out of the box.
    That being said, I could never carry it concealed.
    It is too big and H E A V Y.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My CZ97 holds 10+1 rounds of 45acp. I had a Bersa Thunder 9 that was 17+1 and my CZ 75s are 16+1. Talk about heavy? The CZ97 is so heavy when loaded, it came with wheels on the back... My CZ97 is so heavy, it cured my scoliosis... My CZ97 is so heavy, it makes my full size 1911 feel like a pocket gun...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ahhh ohhh & there is something else to consider which I did not when I started this. Overall weight of said "magical gun". Is it going to be so heavy that I won't carry it or just not load it up all the way. **SIGH**

Top Bottom