• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No extended mag or no "aftermarket" extended mag?

How about my soon to arrive Glock 18 with factory issued 33 +1 capacity mag? :yesway:

By "extended mag" I mean something that is going to extend so far after the base of the pistol that it would not be able to CC with.

Yes I know GLOCK sells those long mags like this
    TII-Glock-18-3.jpg

But can you really carry a GLOCK in a holster when one of these while you CC? :dunno:

An 1" after the base of the pistol I think is about the most for this OP direction anyways.

Though the Les Baer HC40 holds 19+1 in .40.
    That is one fine looking pistol but wow on the price! ~ $3K!!!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure why you would need such a large cap in a gun...unless you're standing in the open desert and have nowhere to run.

Was just wondering that is all. Had a moment of the dark side in terms of thinking "hum.. if I did not have a 1911 what gun with lots of ammo would I get". That path lead me to wonder what is the most you can fit into a handgn before going the "extended mag" route which is not ideal for CC.

nice article here bTW
    The case for a gun with 33 rounds

Yes I would like to one day own/carry a different handgun that can carry a bit more than my 1911. sssssshhhhhhh don't tell my 1911 that! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Not sure why you would need such a large cap in a gun...unless you're standing in the open desert and have nowhere to run.

It could be...just woke up and haven't had my sixth cup-o-joe yet

Was just wondering that is all. Had a moment of the dark side in terms of thinking "hum.. if I did not have a 1911 what gun with lots of ammo would I get". That path lead me to wonder what is the most you can fit into a handgn before going the "extended mag" route which is not ideal for CC.

nice article here bTW
    The case for a gun with 33 rounds

Yes I would like to one day own/carry a different handgun that can carry a bit more than my 1911. sssssshhhhhhh don't tell my 1911 that! :D

Again, my response might be sarcasm and then it might not be. There are good arguments for both why does one need that many rounds and why you can carry spare mags with you. The high cap mag argument may lend itself toward helping those who carry a .45acp. One shot or two shots from a 1911 is going to most definitely stop your assailant in most cases and you can get away. But even with smaller caliber guns, I still don't see the need for 18 rounds in a single mag. unless you are completely in the open and have nowhere to run and conceal or get away from the scene period.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I can't count the number of times I've taken that 10th shot with my XDm9 and thought to myself,

"Man, I really wish I didn't have 10 more shots left, this really sucks!"

:):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Again, my response might be sarcasm and then it might not be. There are good arguments for both why does one need that many rounds and why you can carry spare mags with you. The high cap mag argument may lend itself toward helping those who carry a .45acp. One shot or two shots from a 1911 is going to most definitely stop your assailant in most cases and you can get away. But even with smaller caliber guns, I still don't see the need for 18 rounds in a single mag. unless you are completely in the open and have nowhere to run and conceal or get away from the scene period.

1 or 2 well placed any caliber rounds will stop the majority of assailants. The key words being well placed any caliber rounds.

I know I don't practice as much as I would like to.
    I know that even at close distances I still can't always hit where I want to. So add the stress of getting shot or being in a siutation where I need my gun, etc, and thus why I'm thinking more is better espeicaly if the training is not going to increase any time soon.

Look at the videos of robberies online (both here iNGO, youtube, etc.) the min. the victim begins to shot back is when most BGs take off running or begin to retreat. At this time I would rather have more and not need it (ammo wise) then be left needed it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    1 or 2 well placed any caliber rounds will stop the majority of assailants. The key words being well placed any caliber rounds.

I know I don't practice as much as I would like to.
    I know that even at close distances I still can't always hit where I want to. So add the stress of getting shot or being in a siutation where I need my gun, etc, and thus why I'm thinking more is better espeicaly if the training is not going to increase any time soon.

Look at the videos of robberies online (both here iNGO, youtube, etc.) the min. the victim begins to shot back is when most BGs take off running or begin to retreat. At this time I would rather have more and not need it (ammo wise) then be left needed it.

If the BGs take off running or begin to retreat is when you do the same. Why stay put. If you need more ammo put in another mag

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok so I guess it wasn't sarcasm. :D

One shot or two shots from a 1911 is going to most definitely stop your assailant in most cases and you can get away. But even with smaller caliber guns, I still don't see the need for 18 rounds in a single mag. unless you are completely in the open and have nowhere to run and conceal or get away from the scene period.

I think your possible scenario is a bit narrow. What if you encounter multiple attackers? What if your first several shots miss or are ineffective? All handgun calibers suck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Ok so I guess it wasn't sarcasm. :D

I think your possible scenario is a bit narrow. What if you encounter multiple attackers? What if your first several shots miss or are ineffective?

Your chances are that you are going to die of cardiac failure, getting killed in a car accident or drunk driver, or even getting killed by your spouse are greater than being killed by a gunman.

Like some other responses posted, put in another mag, your 2nd gun, run.

Some will tell you that they are fine with their 1911.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Your chances are that you are going to die of cardiac failure, getting killed in a car accident or drunk driver, or even getting killed by your spouse are greater than being killed by a gunman.

Correct but the OP is still a valid question.
    What handgun(s) hold the most. Some may want that information, some may want to buy a handgun with xyz bullets in it, others could care less and must have a laser on it, others will only use it if it's .45, etc...

Top Bottom