• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Never sold a gun l didn't want to keep but I remembered one that got taken from me. Naa .22 mag, Wish I could get that one back from the evidence lockup. Saved my life...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Never sold a gun l didn't want to keep...
    Same here, really... everything I've sold or traded was part of a learning curve as I slowly figured out what worked best for my tastes. But as a couple others also said, I have passed up a purchase here and there that I regretted not jumping on sooner. One that still stands out was a S&W Model 19-4 Nickel (I think it was a -4) with a yellow front sight, sold right here on INGO for a very good price, but BBI got to it before I could make up my mind. I didn't make the same mistake the next time I saw a very nice 19-5 on here. I still have it, and reached the seller not even minutes before the next buyer. I even paid a bit extra for it so the seller didn't have to make change. Got lucky on that one, it's a keeper.

There is one in the classies right now that I'm wavering on, and have subscribed to... if the seller drops his price once more, I won't be able to refrain any longer.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Colt Cobra. Bought at Ludco's for $400 many years ago. Looked just like this one except mine had a chopped hammer and added a silver Tyler-T grip.

iu

Next is a S&W model 10. It was one of the RHPD guns that came back. It was rebuilt by Smith and given a satin nickle finish. Bought for $179. Blue ones were $150. Similar to this one.

iu

Let go of a S&W model 19 2 1/2". I don't remember what I paid for it but it was way less than what they go for now. Was just like this one except had Hogue grips.

iu

My collection from this point out is going to change. I'm going to focus more on higher quality guns and older Smiths like these again. I've got enough plastic stuff.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    About 20 years ago I sold a mint perfect High Standard Victor .22LR. I still say Ouch! When I see one in a gun shop. Then I start crying when I see the high prices on so-so condition pistols. I wish I never sold it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Had a 1st gen HiPoint carbine I sold for $100 back in the early 2000's. Kinda wish I still had it. The new ones are ugly(er). It was a fun range gun.

EDIT: I just realized this was for HANDGUNS. So I'll say my Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag. Had to make a house payment while I was laid up off of work.

Last edited:

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    In 2003 i traded a 4" Colt Diamond Back in .22lr against a TA series 6450. I was given $550 in trade value toward the rifle that was $1850. At the time I thought I was getting over on the dealer. Wish I had the Diamondnback back, but also glad i got the right 6450 out of the deal

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    A few weeks ago I put a bid on a S&W 6906. As I was browsing another site I found a S&W CS9 with 2 mags for $465 shipped, so $485 with FFL fee. I had to wait to get outbid on the 6906 which I did but it was 10 hrs too late. Got scooped by someone who only joined to buy the gun and hasn't been back since.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Sold my S&W 686 4" Stainless to buy a Sig P226. The 686 was my first duty weapon. I was a Reserve Officer so we had to buy our own sidearms. Department switched to the Sig, so I had no choice. A few months later I was hired FT and issued a Sig. Sold the P226 - new dad at the time and it paid some expenses. Wish I still had BOTH!

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have long list of dumba$$ attacks
    colt Ace
    LAR Grizzly
    4" 66 pinned and recessed
    3" 65
    original S&W 520
    colt magnum carry

i have learned though, my Glock 17 gen 1 will never leave.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I know that most gun guys buy and sell the way many people change clothes, but I've only ever gotten rid of one of my guns, and that was a crappy Weatherby 92 pump shotgun that had given me nothing but trouble since I was first given it as a Christmas gift by my dad.
    It would habitually double feed shells, totally tying up the action until I unscrewed the magazine cap and removed the barrel so that I could wrestle the action out of its jam.
    I struggled with it for years, then the extractor spring broke, so I said enough of this **** and took it to a LGS, where they offered me $50 and I didn't even try to negotiate for more.
    I took the $50 and put it toward the $320 that Gander Mountain was asking for a brand new 26" barreled Remington 870 and I haven't had a problem since.
    All other guns that I was ever given or bought have stayed with me.
    I'm very selective, not fickle.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Beretta CX4 Storm and PTR 91 sold to the same dealer at the Muncie show years back.

Someone else mentioned this above, but one I wish I had bought when I had the chance was a like new Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm at the Indy 1500. This was right before DW quit making them. Urrggghhhh!!!!!

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I hit hard financial times after an injury in 1999 and going 6 weeks because of stalled work comp that finally came. To cover some bills I let my 5 inch 29-5 classic go as well as a ruger p97 dc and my first AR a bushmaster from the ban years. Never missed the p97. Traded my first handgun a sig 229 .357 sig for a 10.5 inch stainless super blackhawk .44 mag. Regretted that one in about a week. traded my Sig 226 .357 sig with .40 barrel two tone night sights for a benelli m1 super 90 I still have the benelli but I miss that sig. Also traded some rifles I wish I still had. Thankfully though for the last 10 years I been acquiring without losing anything to bad trades or selling anything due to circumstance.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Not really! I mean I look back and think "That was a nice handgun" but for the most part I always seem to bounce back with something nicer. I know what works for me.
    1911's are really hard to part with so those are retained at all cost. Everything else is expendable. If I had it to do all over again I'd keep them all and just buy and use layaway to get what I wanted. Buds layaway is just an awesome tool to get what you fancy.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Guns I wish I still had, that I either sold or traded

HK 93 Tops the list
    IMI UZI Mod. A, Full Auto (Bolt Gun) 9mm, I used to reload Hornady XTP bullets for it, and open up on water bottles at Atterbury (this is when it was a free for all) Quite the show!
    S&W 586 4in barrel
    S&W 686 4in barrel
    SIG P228, this was in the early 1990's so it was all German
    M1D Garand with a true M84 scope, traded it for a nice M1A and cash, still have the M1A.
    Another M1 Garand that was a Springfield with a 1942 Barrel, and was mostly correct.

I'm sure there is more, I just can't think of them, but those listed were really nice. And worth more today than what I got for them.

Top Bottom