• ...and so much more!
  • Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    What don't you like about TNP?

I don't care for his pretend sister he uses to block people who may have a different opinion than his. Or my personal favorite, here is my "review" on "x" gun that I haven't personally shot, ever, but I know so much I'm qualified to give you my opinion. Oh, and 55 minute videos.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    What don't you like about TNP?

Not to :hijack: but the guy has a lot of good information. You just have to wade through a BUNCH of other stuff to get to it.

It's been covered before I'm sure. What some see as a made-for-youtube-views production (run and guns, etc), others see as a valid recreational and training program.

Personally, I think it's awesome. Whether he is training for SHTF or not it would be a great time to run some of those tactical courses with the TNP crew. Sure beats the pants off slow-fire at paper targets...

On Topic - Hickok45 > Nutnfancy

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I tried REALLY hard to watch his videos. I really did. I gave up. I can't really explain it. I just don't like him. I don't like him as a person, I don't like his channel, I don't like anything that has come out of his mouth.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Not to :hijack: but the guy has a lot of good information. You just have to wade through a BUNCH of other stuff to get to it.

This is why I can't stand him. He takes a topic that should take 5 minutes, and makes a 15 minute video out of it. Most of the extra is him talking, and talking, and talking.

That, and the one video he did where he went to Arsenal in Vegas and basically had his lips surgically attached to their arse, with a lot of wrong information..... final nail for me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is too awesome, I would love to be able to visit Hickok someday. I wish I could loan him my USP, I've never seen him do a video on USP :)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I tried REALLY hard to watch his videos. I really did. I gave up. I can't really explain it. I just don't like him. I don't like him as a person, I don't like his channel, I don't like anything that has come out of his mouth.

I understand what you mean. He comes off as a know-it-all, even though he tries to downplay it. I think he means well. He says all along his vids are just "data points". If a person can glean the raw data even though they don't really dig the format of the channel it can still be a good thing.

I have respect for him as a military veteran. I'm sure he's making some $$ at this point with all the subs he has - but if he's being truthful about buying his own ammo (and not reloading very much at all) there goes quite a bit of the proceeds.

Hickok is a much better show all around I think. He seems genuine and very humble. He gets some T&E guns and ammo donations here and there. He reloads the vast majority of the ammo he shoots. He doesn't go into the nuts and bolts as much as nutn, but you can still get a good overall idea of a firearm and how it runs by watching one of his reviews. He has an awesome collection of vintage arms, and even though some folks don't get his humor, I think it's hysterical. Check out the Krag woods walk and watch him annihilate the 2 liters with that rifle. I think part of his charm is the fact that the man is a true marksman. Nothing I like better than to put on a Hickok radio show or review of some sort while I clean the guns from a day at the range...

Top Bottom