• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It was a great day for sure, it was hard to leave when the time came. We had pizza and hung out most of the early afternoon. We did some shooting and then shot some videos. The 230 yard gong wasn't being shot at but we did some shooting on the 80 yard gong. I also let him shoot my SGL31-94 which he shot very well... Big surprise there!

He was packing his .40 Glock. He let us shoot pretty much any gun of his we wanted, that will be on video which we will hopefully see this weekend.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I think the difference here is you guys are a revenue source for youtube/google.

You don't $h** where you eat, and Youtube/Google knows knows darn well where their bread is buttered.

We can pull some data about key words being searched. Firearms channels account for significant revenue but it's only a fraction of the total revenue generated by non-gun channels.

Hopefully Google will avoid imposing any anti-gun policies... But my gut tells me it only a matter of time before something happens. Things like the Colorado shooting don't help, that's for sure.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have always wondered what his gun safe setup looks like. I'm guessing he has some type of massive reloading and safe room.

Not trying to blow smoke up your arse, but I've come to find your reviews are quite a bit more informative whereas his are just him plinking around. Entertaining to be sure but I get the feeling you're putting in way more research and effort preparing for your videos. He just grabs a gun, some ammo, and says "Pretty sweet....pretty sweet" a lot. I do subscribe and watch his vids but I'd I'm looking for more in depth opinion I want to see what you and Nutnfancy has to saw.

Glad you had a good time and keep up YOUR good work.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Jealous! That's so awesome that you got to go down there and shoot. Good to hear that he's the same guy in real life as he appears in his videos.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Man that is awesome!! What a great day it would be to get to shoot at the Hickok45 compound and enjoy that great company. Congrats and can't wait for the video's! Your's and Hickok45's channels are the only ones I watch! :yesway:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Got to hang out with Hickok? Yeah, I'm jealous and so is my dad and he doesn't even know it yet, lol. I'd actually like to go shooting with everyone that I recognize in that pic :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just got back from spending the day in Tennessee with Hickok45, his son Big John, TNOutdoors9, FateofDestinee and 22Plinkster. Here's a group photo including another INGO member Prometheus (between me and Big John in the back row):

i-mR3WBFv-M.jpg

I had a great time, not to mention it was a bit surreal shooting on the Hickok45 range. Hickok took me on a tour of the facilities and it is really amazing how he has things setup. Since his house sits just a few feet from his range, he prefers we don't post pics of the area (which I completely understand). This pic was taken against a nondescript wall at the back of his home.

We shot a couple of videos which Hickok will post in the next few days, hopefully. I'll be sure to post links in here.

We talked about a number of things, but one of the issues that was at the forefront of all of our minds was the state of gun channels on YouTube. As many of you know, YouTube is owned by Google. Google isn't a friend to gun owners, they recently banned firearms and related gear from their shopping network. How long before they take similar action against our community on YouTube? Hopefully we can unite other gun channels to join us in working with YouTube to make sure we always have a home for those of us who enjoy our 2nd Amendment freedoms.

This wasn't my first time hanging out with Hickok45, we've met several times before and did one goofy video together at the NRA show a couple months back. I am fortunate to consider him a friend and I look forward to working with him and other YouTubers going forward.

And dang his son is a big guy!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom