• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Indiana Bars Sell Alcohol At Reduced Prices During Specific Times Of Day?

• Total voters

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Another interesting thread fact. At this time 22 have voted, 17 no regulations, 5 to keep it. But, there have been 391 views, that a few of us have been here several times accounts for some of that but that a likely 300 members chose not to vote. That is also a vote that the status quo is not affecting them enough that they care?
    Yeah that's pretty much the participation we get on gun issues too.
    90% of people are too lazy to even write an email to their elected officials. So I'm supposed to believe they go vote too in elections which require removing ass from couch? HA!! NOPE, I dont believe they do.
    Imagine what we could accomplish if we got all gun owners active.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Another interesting thread fact. At this time 22 have voted, 17 no regulations, 5 to keep it. But, there have been 391 views, that a few of us have been here several times accounts for some of that but that a likely 300 members chose not to vote. That is also a vote that the status quo is not affecting them enough that they care?

I hadn't voted until now.
    Invalid INGO poll with no bacon option. ;)

But really, it's not that I want a happy hour, it's that businesses should have the option to provide one should they so choose.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Sure why not. If you sell people poison I guess you're going to jail for murder or whatever else.
    I dont believe in all this licensing bs we have for a lot in this country. All most of it is was a way for rich business owners to push out competition and line the pockets of politicians. Still is

DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner!!!

In Indiana, production isn't even the biggest issue, nor is retail, it's distribution. Just try to be the 3rd distributor in the state of Indiana. See where that gets ya.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope. Caveat Emptor

I strongly disagree with with that. By that logic we would go full on, no societal rules of order. A form of libertarian arrogance based in the innocence and lack of consequence in this unprecedented era of affluence.

We get enough outcry over idiots that kill themselves trying to get high huffing AC chemicals from the neighbors AC unit, let alone the from just improperly made alcohol that was poison.

I am all good with USDA meat inspection, my god, even with them we still catch some selling rotten or tainted meat.

I'm good with drug inspections, and restrictions on who can buy when the dangerous ones.

I'm ok with government making sure the water pumped to my house is clean.

The he list goes on and on...

Do you realize the time it would take to personally be certain none of the things we take for granted in our would make you sick or kill you?

Then we go to professional licenses. Do states go too far? Absolutely!!!

I'm good with government making sure: doctors know what they are doing, financial folks handle my money are at least somewhat legit, etc. The FDIC is better than caveat emptor. I don't think hair braiders and the like need license and wish dental hygienists could work here without a dentist, but still licensed.

Nothing is perfect but I will say it again, it is just affluent arrogance to fail to understand why much of the regulation is there, our ancestors went through hard times and put them in place to protect society and allow them to be more productive elsewhere rather than trying to figure out if their booze is safe to drink...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I strongly disagree with with that. By that logic we would go full on, no societal rules of order. A form of libertarian arrogance based in the innocence and lack of consequence in this unprecedented era of affluence.

We get enough outcry over idiots that kill themselves trying to get high huffing AC chemicals from the neighbors AC unit, let alone the from just improperly made alcohol that was poison.

I am all good with USDA meat inspection, my god, even with them we still catch some selling rotten or tainted meat.

I'm good with drug inspections, and restrictions on who can buy when the dangerous ones.

Do you realize the time it would take to personally be certain none of the things we take for granted in our would make you sick or kill you?

I'm good with government making sure: doctors know what they are doing, financial folks handle my money are at least somewhat legit, etc. The FDIC is better than caveat emptor. I don't think hair braiders and the like need license and wish dental hygienists could work here without a dentist, but still licensed.

Nothing is perfect but I will say it again, it is just affluent arrogance to fail to understand why much of the regulation is there, our ancestors went through hard times and put them in place to protect society and allow them to be more productive elsewhere rather than trying to figure out if their booze is safe to drink...
    How do you feel about common sense gun laws? I mean, if it saves one kid...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How do you feel about common sense gun laws? I mean, if it saves one kid...

I profusely apologize, I had forgotten the meat clause in the constitution, you know:

Cheap readily available meat, being necessary to curb hunger, the right of the people to buy is sell meat, shall not be infringed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I profusely apologize, I had forgotten the meat clause in the constitution, you know:

Cheap readily available meat, being necessary to curb hunger, the right of the people to buy is sell meat, shall not be infringed.
    Im good with the government testing our water too, I mean since I don’t live in Flint? Smart ass answers beget smart ass answers.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Im good with the government testing our water too, I mean since I don’t live in Flint? Smart ass answers beget smart ass answers.

Ah yes they do, but smart ass questions of obviously irrelevant correlation begat smart ass answers.

Flint is a government failure, but 99% of our water is very clean because of inspection...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

No, that's a vote for, "it's just a meaningless poll on a gun forum about a non-gun topic."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner!!!

In Indiana, production isn't even the biggest issue, nor is retail, it's distribution. Just try to be the 3rd distributor in the state of Indiana. See where that gets ya.

Indeed. Distribution raises the cost of drinks far, far more than a happy hour kerfuffle.

But since the general public doesn't see it, that racket can keep on running.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Indeed. Distribution raises the cost of drinks far, far more than a happy hour kerfuffle.

But since the general public doesn't see it, that racket can keep on running.
    I know that Monarch adds 30 points when they “ takeover” distribution for a small brewer that gets too big to self distribute by law.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Change my mind?

Top Bottom