• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Slavery is not new. The Egyptian pyramids weren’t built with union labor after all. Unlike other places around the world, this Country fought a war to end it. From some numbers I’ve seen if it was fought with today’s population there’d be 6.2 million dead. Possible understatement of the year: that’s a lot of dead people.

Again, the war was NOT fought to end slavery. It was fought to stop states from seceeding and to force them into the union.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Speaking of mail, did you hear the whining of our state black caucus leader yesterday? She rambled on and on about how awful it was that the post office didnt close. Lady, they dont do ANYTHING fast. You expect them to decide to make a major change to operations with 24 hours notice? Not happening. The only thing they do fast is deciding out of the blue to not deliver your mail on a random day because they are too busy.

And these are the people that are so lazy, they will literally tell you to pound sand because "Its not my job. I'm not doing it.". LSS I needed a picture for an NFA app. Stopped on a day they do passports. Nope the guy that does passports is off Wednesdays and Saturdays (both listed passport days). The insufferable c*** behind the counter refused to do the simple job a 6yo could do because its not her job to take pictures. If you have ever seen the cameras, its hilarious (in an infuriating way) because all they have to do is line up your head and shoulders inside the bust shaped outline on the display and push a button. Then they put the camera on the charging base and it automatically spits out the prints. Its not like it takes special skills.

I had the unfortunate experience of going in person to a USPO recently.

I am convinced the only requirement to work in a USPO is that nobody in their right mind would hire you in the private sector.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Speaking of mail, did you hear the whining of our state black caucus leader yesterday? She rambled on and on about how awful it was that the post office didnt close. Lady, they dont do ANYTHING fast. You expect them to decide to make a major change to operations with 24 hours notice? Not happening. The only thing they do fast is deciding out of the blue to not deliver your mail on a random day because they are too busy.

And these are the people that are so lazy, they will literally tell you to pound sand because "Its not my job. I'm not doing it.". LSS I needed a picture for an NFA app. Stopped on a day they do passports. Nope the guy that does passports is off Wednesdays and Saturdays (both listed passport days). The insufferable c*** behind the counter refused to do the simple job a 6yo could do because its not her job to take pictures. If you have ever seen the cameras, its hilarious (in an infuriating way) because all they have to do is line up your head and shoulders inside the bust shaped outline on the display and push a button. Then they put the camera on the charging base and it automatically spits out the prints. Its not like it takes special skills.
    I did hear the whining of Rep Shackleford yesterday. The USPS is a rather large operation and can't just stop on a dime. Parcels sent through the mail are sent out based on weekends and holidays. People depend on packages (prescription meds anyone?) to get to where they should be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, the war was NOT fought to end slavery. It was fought to stop states from seceeding and to force them into the union.
    It was fought for a lot of reasons. That included keeping the southern states from seceding. It also includes the purpose of ending slavery.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It was fought for a lot of reasons. That included keeping the southern states from seceding. It also includes the purpose of ending slavery.

"Lincoln’s decision to fight rather than to let the Southern states secede was not based on his feelings towards slavery. Rather, he felt it was his sacred duty as President of the United States to preserve the Union at all costs. His first inaugural address was an appeal to the rebellious states, seven of which had already seceded, to rejoin the nation. His first draft of the speech ended with an ominous message: "Shall it be peace, or the sword?" "

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Executive Mansion,
    Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
    Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
    A. Lincoln.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Me personally, I don't understand the significance of this date. Seem like the day to celebrate would be Dec. 6 1865 when the 13th amendment was ratified.

The Texas moment seems like a small snippet of the big picture. Though I've never been a slave and my family never owned a slave, so what do I know.
    If it means something to some folks then who am I to disagree, that said I do wish the same respect would have been given to the statues and monuments that have been removed.

Just seems like Dec. 6 would be more appropriate for a federal holiday as it was an occasion that affected the entire nation.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Me personally, I don't understand the significance of this date. Seem like the day to celebrate would be Dec. 6 1865 when the 13th amendment was ratified.

The Texas moment seems like a small snippet of the big picture. Though I've never been a slave and my family never owned a slave, so what do I know.
    If it means something to some folks then who am I to disagree, that said I do wish the same respect would have been given to the statues and monuments that have been removed.

Just seems like Dec. 6 would be more appropriate for a federal holiday as it was an occasion that affected the entire nation.

Exactly; particulary given slavery was still legal and in practice on June 19 and for some time afterwards in the union states.

"Juneteenth" is yet more propaganda and more contortion of history.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

It was pretty universally celebrated when I was in Texas. Some speeches, some picnics, some newspaper articles, but they did not shut down the whole state. That was the day that the news made it to Texas and a declaration was made for the end of slavery.

Here is an interesting part of the speech:

Taken from the above, statement made by General Granger upon announcing the end of slavery:

"The people of Texas are informed that, in accordance with a proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of personal rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired labor. The freedmen are advised to remain quietly at their present homes and work for wages. They are informed that they will not be allowed to collect military posts and that they will not be supported in idleness either there or elsewhere."

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It was pretty universally celebrated when I was in Texas. Some speeches, some picnics, some newspaper articles, but they did not shut down the whole state. That was the day that the news made it to Texas and a declaration was made for the end of slavery.

Here is an interesting part of the speech:

Taken from the above, statement made by General Granger upon announcing the end of slavery:

"The people of Texas are informed that, in accordance with a proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of personal rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired labor. The freedmen are advised to remain quietly at their present homes and work for wages. They are informed that they will not be allowed to collect military posts and that they will not be supported in idleness either there or elsewhere."
    Yeah I get it, but was still only a Texas thing. There are many of these occasions back then
    Ratifying the 13th amendment is a nationwide thing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The freedmen are advised to remain quietly at their present homes and work for wages. They are informed that they will not be allowed to collect military posts and that they will not be supported in idleness either there or elsewhere."
    My how times change. (not just former slaves. )

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I see July the 4th as Independence day that encompasses all citizens and the freedoms that all enjoy under the declarations of the US Constitution. I see no reason for a national holiday that is only for 13.4 % of the nation. While I have no problem with any group wanting to celebrate anything that is important only to them, I believe this national holiday is not helpful to our union.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think it’s funny a bunch of white people who work in the .gov will now have the day off, paid of course. The average black person? They’ll still be stuck at work, celebrating it by generating more taxable income for those work workers getting paid to sit home.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think it’s funny a bunch of white people who work in the .gov will now have the day off, paid of course. The average black person? They’ll still be stuck at work, celebrating it by generating more taxable income for those work workers getting paid to sit home.
    It wasn't just slavery of the blacks that was abolished, it was slavery of anyone.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I understand your first sentence, but I don't understand what you mean afterwards.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I see July the 4th as Independence day that encompasses all citizens and the freedoms that all enjoy under the declarations of the US Constitution. I see no reason for a national holiday that is only for 13.4 % of the nation. While I have no problem with any group wanting to celebrate anything that is important only to them, I believe this national holiday is not helpful to our union.
    You’ll get the typical “at the time America gained its independence there were slaves” reply im sure... but I agree with you 100%.

Blacks in the military throughout our nations history fought and died to defend our independence, our freedoms, and spread our ideals throughout the world. When they were being shot at they weren’t fighting for racism, Juneteenth, police reform, or any other division tactics the left uses to separate us into different classes of citizens. They were fighting for their country, their present day families, their ancestors, and, sadly, their lives.

Independence Day encompasses ALL classes of Americans, regardless of race, sex, or religion. It’s a day everyones differences should be set aside and come together as a UNITED citizenry to reflect on our freedoms and sacrifices made to protect them.

This is just another attempt from the left to separate us in any way possible. To create a flame that has the potential to pour gas onto in the future if things are going too good, a way for them to remind us that we weren’t United, and convince us we shouldn’t be now.

If our society had half a brain they would look at this holiday as a symbol of how far we have come as a country, as a society, and equality. This would be a opportunity to showcase the problems we faced as a country, and even though our country was at each other’s throats over issues, the American dream prevailed.

Anyone wishing to use this holiday to drive a wedge between us can, as BigRed says, **** themselves all the way to hell.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I understand your first sentence, but I don't understand what you mean afterwards.
    Basically, majority government workers are white, which will be the main beneficiary of this holiday. The average black American will still have to work. Every hour they work is taxed, so the white government workers get a paid day off while the black Americans will be working and paying taxes to the people enjoying their day off.

Just humorous irony to me. But I have a twisted sense of humor

Top Bottom