• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Growing up in Detroit, and living in Chicago the celebration included shotgun salutes and mag dumping. I know it happens in the ghetto, but in a respectable gun community, do you participate in the celebration?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    We use to do this when I was a kid. I did a few times when I was in my 20's, but not done it in years. We lived in a more remote area back then, now just to many people around here.

I do expect to hear a few tonight, but will not be me. I do have a nice hill out back, but years ago they turned it into a nice rock garden. Hate to see what happened if I did a mag dump into all those rocks....LOL

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Absolutely not. We used to routinely shoot a variety of weapons in to the air when we lived in a rural area. A few years ago my brother and I went to mom and dads on New Year's Day and dad pointed out a hole in the aluminium patio roof. My brother and I then dug out a 45 JRN out of the indoor/outdoor carpeting below the hole. It was deformed enough to provide a teaching moment for both of us. I have plenty of firecrackers now.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    If I was to shoot it sure as hell wouldn't be to the moon, only morons do that. Im one of those "It's gotta land somewhere" guys. Be safe tonight gentlemen and gentlegals.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Normally celebrate at a friend's who also live out in the country (I can shoot all I want at home) and I'd set up a range so people could shoot into the ground at glow in the dark sticks in a safe manner. This year we'll be at a friend's house in town so no gunfire. I do have firecrackers though...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I won't be. Got rid of my muzzle loader last summer. Used to load it up with a heavy charge of powder, but no bullet. Noisy, but safe! Besides, I highly doubt I'll be awake at midnight unless I happen to be up to go to the bathroom... :fogey::):

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Back when I lived out in the boonies, we used to shoot off a few to ring in the new year. Always used a shotty, with #8 shot, aimed out over the 40 acre field behind the house. I too am one of the "It's gotta land somewhere" hence the shotty, light pellets, and enough room down range, that none would cross over onto the neighbors.

I will be shooting today, taking my Christmas present to the range, but that will be all.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I will be shooting today, but it won't be at the moon for new years. It was always pretty entertaining working New Years eve and seeing what kind of accidents (negligence) happened.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    When I was a kid we use to; but now that I live in the city, it's kinda hard not to have the cops called on you.

Happy New Year!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I will probably be in bed by the time the new year rolls around but I am going to set off some tannerite this afternoon.

On second thought I might just stay up and moon the moon. :D

Top Bottom