• Poll closed .

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    NO WAY!

I'd like to think most responsible gun owners have more common sense than that. I can believe it happened in Chicago and Detroit (refer to my last statement).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Growing up in Detroit, and living in Chicago the celebration included shotgun salutes and mag dumping. I know it happens in the ghetto, but in a respectable gun community, do you participate in the celebration?

My father and his VA buddies participated in this kind of celebration in our paltry west side community in Chicago. I now understand how dangerous it was. Now that I live in a "respectable gun community" I do not. Hopefully, the police will make plenty of arrests tonight and the DA will help with rescinding any valid LTCHs.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    As a pastor I have participated in many New Years Eve services that typically have the people gather at the front for prayer as the new year begins. Several years ago, in the middle of such a time, there was a loud noise that got everyone's attention. The next day we discovered a hole in our roof and a bullet trapped between insulation and a steel beam directly above where folks had been standing the night before.

This bullet had penetrated a steel roof, and possibly would have penetrated a skull had it not been stopped by the beam!

Such irresponsible firearm usage is beyond stupid.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I only shoot at targets on a range or things that are trying to do me harm. Since the sky and moon are neither and the range will be closed, no, I have no plans of shooting tonight.

Blessings,
    Bill

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Absolutely not. This type of behavior is totally irresponsible, immature, reckless and STUPID. Love my guns, but NEVER discharge them unless I know exactly where the bullet is going. Anyone who does this is an idiot. Remember just last month the Amish girl who died from a gunshot to the head from a black powder hunter who cleared his gun by firing it in the air? Why in Gods name anyone would be so reckless is beyond me.:dunno::xmad:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    We (best friend, grandson, and son-in-law) punched a few holes in paper this evening at my backyard range. Shot an AR, M1 Carbine, Mosin, Rem 870, and a .380 just before sunset. The muzzle flash from the AR and especially the Mosin is very impressive!!

IMO only idiots and the mentally defective fire weapons into the air.

Top Bottom