• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I find it interesting that none of the roommates were named in the article. Only the girl whose privacy was violated.

Morally, at the very least, the roommates should pony up and pay the expenses for her to move to a new living quarters, given it seems she was violating no law nor violating the lease.

I expect her graduate school work keeps her busy enough that pursuing a lawsuit on the side Would be more than she could handle it, but that’s too bad. I am guessing that since she “voluntarily” moved she really doesn’t have much of a case to build damages on.

Perhaps if she stayed in place, the roommates left, and she had to pay the whole rent, then she might have a claim against them depending on what the agreement among them was, but it would take a long time to work through the court and she would be draining her bank accounts the whole time.

Would be ...karmic... if one of her former roommates applied for a sensitive position in the future and somebody came around asking for background info. background investigators are always interested in evidence of integrity, or lack thereof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why was it okay for the roommates to profile her? If she were black, from inner-city, would it be okay for her roommates to search her stuff for drugs?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why was it okay for the roommates to profile her? If she were black, from inner-city, would it be okay for her roommates to search her stuff for drugs?

What about if she was here illegally? Forget "searching for evidence", would anything even be said? What if she was a Pakistani who came here from Saudi Arabia on a fiance visa, got married/got a green card but the husband wasn't in the picture. Then she was meeting with people at 1-2am and boxes were being moved in and out (slight variation on the San Bernardino scenario.) Would anything even be said?

2018 really sucks sometimes.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    She was on TV this morning. She has exams coming up this next week and just doesn't want to really deal with the whole thing right now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Whatever happened to the concept of violating another's personal space? I thought snowflakes were all about the sanctity of the personal space,

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am an absolute believer that rummaging through another individual's possessions for evidence of a Constitutionally protected activity based on home State and political leanings is absolutely wrong on many levels.

What is/are the legal precedent(s) on this subject? I mean the legal stuff in this country would fill the Grand Canyon 6-times over. There has to be a metric ****-ton of stuff on tenants who are not related in a lease agreement, privacy, what is actually a crime, etc, etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whatever happened to the concept of violating another's personal space? I thought snowflakes were all about the sanctity of the personal space,
    No that’s sanctity of group space. There is no importance of individual being. If you violate the personal space of an intersectionally “oppressed” person, that’s a group violation and is the thing they object to.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Cross posting this from when it came up in the Facepalm thread.

And this is why I have issues with loose red flags laws that allow pretty much anyone to claim that a person is a danger to themselves or others.

If that law would have been in place, there would have been nothing to stop the roomates from claiming this young lady was dangerous and having her guns confiscated. Hell, they called the local PD and asked them to inspect the firearms to see if they were Massachusetts compliant. It's not much of a leap to think they would have filed a Red flag complaint had that been an option.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No that’s sanctity of group space. There is no importance of individual being. If you violate the personal space of an intersectionally “oppressed” person, that’s a group violation and is the thing they object to.
    That's right. They all incorporated their individual spaces into a group space. It's like the blob.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's right. They all incorporated their individual spaces into a group space. It's like the blob.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KG1 again. I'm totally stealing that.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    As a uni student, this speaks a-plenty about this safe space culture we've created. Rules get thrown out of the window because of "muh feelz" and people get profiled if they dare step out of line.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As a uni student, this speaks a-plenty about this safe space culture we've created. Rules get thrown out of the window because of "muh feelz" and people get profiled if they dare step out of line.

It's going to take a lot more people in positions of power to be unwilling to punish people for nonsense. They need to tell the angry mobs of ideologues to **** all the way off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's going to take a lot more people in positions of power to be unwilling to punish people for nonsense. They need to tell the angry mobs of ideologues to **** all the way off.

I am not seeing this happen. These people are being bred with reason. Look at it that way. And then get back to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am not seeing this happen. These people are being bred with reason. Look at it that way. And then get back to me.
    I’m not all that optimistic either. These people are being bred so to speak, but not anywhere near a majority yet. The number of people who aren’t bat**** crazy far outnumber the crazies. For now. The sane people have the power of numbers. They’re a bigger mob. But they cave into pressure because they’re afraid of the angry minority. It’s within grasp, but people are afraid that if they stand up they’ll end up ruined. It takes more people to stand up against the nutters, but people are too afraid because they don’t have faith that other people will stand with them. So not all that optimistic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m not all that optimistic either. These people are being bred so to speak, but not anywhere near a majority yet. The number of people who aren’t bat**** crazy far outnumber the crazies. For now. The sane people have the power of numbers. They’re a bigger mob. But they cave into pressure because they’re afraid of the angry minority. It’s within grasp, but people are afraid that if they stand up they’ll end up ruined. It takes more people to stand up against the nutters, but people are too afraid because they don’t have faith that other people will stand with them. So not all that optimistic.

Again....you are correct. This to is being bred into society. P/C thought and actions. Labeling. Public criticism with no recourse. And just wait (we might be gomne) until these little flowers and snowflakes start breeding/voting en-mass.

This is all by design. Class envy. Free this and that. "MY RIGHTS" what ever they be on that day or moment.

Top Bottom