Has anyone been else seeing anything weird in the sky?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    How close do you think you were to this thing?

Probably 2-3 weeks ago I was sitting on my neighbor's driveway about 2130 (not quite fully dark) and saw a weird green light that appeared as though it was climbing northbound off 35L at SDF...but the green was 'wrong' to be a right wing navigation light on an aircraft, there were no strobes or beacons, and its altitude and speed were lower than I'd expect for even a turboprop. It eventually appeared to turn west-northwest and went behind a treeline.

As a professional pilot, I found it very odd...even helicopters have beacons.

Come to think of it, it very well may have been some type of UAS.

Around July 3/4? Not surprised at all if it was somebody's drone getting footage of fireworks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So with Covid-19, Black Lives Matter and every anti-Trump thing they can think up, some democrat actually has ties with another world and will dump an alien invasion on us before the November election!

Funny you should say that....When I told him about and we confirmed everything i.e. time, direction, movement, etc...he wiped his brow and said, "Thank goodness Geary...I thought I was just drunk...":laugh::laugh::laugh:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How close do you think you were to this thing?

Probably 2-3 weeks ago I was sitting on my neighbor's driveway about 2130 (not quite fully dark) and saw a weird green light that appeared as though it was climbing northbound off 35L at SDF...but the green was 'wrong' to be a right wing navigation light on an aircraft, there were no strobes or beacons, and its altitude and speed were lower than I'd expect for even a turboprop. It eventually appeared to turn west-northwest and went behind a treeline.

As a professional pilot, I found it very odd...even helicopters have beacons.

Come to think of it, it very well may have been some type of UAS.

Around July 3/4? Not surprised at all if it was somebody's drone getting footage of fireworks.

I thought the same thing July 3rd and 4th.....In the video I took April 10th you can hear my wife saying, "I's a drone...They're wanting to make sure everyone is staying quarantined.." I'd guess the green orb was about 2500 feet and I am guessing two or three miles away...looked like it was over the Louisville and Indiana Rail Yard off of I 65 just North of Louisville....In April it changed colors about 6 times before settling on that green you see in the pics...A very muted green, like pond algae with a soft light glowing through it....

It seemed to be the same height the UPS planes are as they are lifting out of Louisville...My uncle worked for TWA and he said the UPS planes over Clarksville are about 2500 feet...It remained glowing when the UPS passed in front of it but when a smaller plane got near it it then went dark...Lit back up after the plane passed....

The time you saw it is the same time I did...Just at dusk...Saturday night the two were out there from about 9:30 pm until 10:45 pm.....I just saw you're close...I wonder if we saw the same thing????

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I saw a few things July 4th that were not airplanes, but I think they were those lanterns that people buy around then....but it could be aliens also.....

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Well... July 4th, Lake County we were out at the lake looking at all the fireworks everyone else bought and my wife pointed out an object in the southwest sky. It was a greenish-white light, pretty high up. I figured a drone, but its altitude was pretty high even for some of the large commercial ones. It moved around but not too far off its original position. I finally grew tired of watching it and did not notice it when we walked home about 45 minutes later.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    First time was April 10th...Lasted for 3 minutes...Then these photos were taken July 3rd and 4th around 9:00 pm until about 10:20 pm...Two different objects.....

Eca1JgpWsAA-htI
    Eca1o__XQAEoQF1
    Eca1z0IXkAEHxmj
    Eca1gwkXQAI3neI

This was the April 10th one..The photos above are from this last weekend...

Eca3HMcXQAAC4MC

TAKE VIDEO!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I saw an article that Comet NEOWISE has become visible to the naked eye within the past week. Don't know if that explains any of your stuff though. Strange how objects, and even people, can sometimes look like a smudge on a lens.

Top Bottom