• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I always think of it as a form of precession. Outside forces (in the form of opinions and predilections of the posters) acting subtly on the primary spin axis of a thread. All of those forces individually may be small but the net effect is visible

Especially in the picture threads, peeps have trouble with the fact that discussions on INGO are going to happen where they happen, there are no rails

So rails are those non-existant spoons you keep talking about?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been told that sooner or later there comes a time to shoot all the engineers and put the sucker into production :)

Edit: E.E.Smith dealt with the problem of mass dilation by just ignoring it in the Skylark series. The Bergenholm might have been a better way around the problem of accelerating beyond c

You're never going faster than light, it's basically the minimum resolution of reality.

But getting near it will get you almost anywhere in the universe without experiencing much time passing, it's just that relativity makes it a pain for everyone around you. Those people around you aren't too relevant if you're 40 lightyears away, though.

I don't subscribe to the theories of these people proposing gravity manipulation. The energies involved are so comical that building a dyson swarm around the sun would be infinitely easier. Talking about energy levels greater than all the energy of our sun for its entire lifetime. Cosmic wonder levels of stuff. Until someone comes up with a way for the energy level to be more in human scales, it's a fantasy.

As for 9/11, if it happened today it probably wouldn't even make headline news.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's why they call it science FICTION.

giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're never going faster than light, it's basically the minimum resolution of reality.

But getting near it will get you almost anywhere in the universe without experiencing much time passing, it's just that relativity makes it a pain for everyone around you. Those people around you aren't too relevant if you're 40 lightyears away, though.

I don't subscribe to the theories of these people proposing gravity manipulation. The energies involved are so comical that building a dyson swarm around the sun would be infinitely easier. Talking about energy levels greater than all the energy of our sun for its entire lifetime. Cosmic wonder levels of stuff. Until someone comes up with a way for the energy level to be more in human scales, it's a fantasy.

As for 9/11, if it happened today it probably wouldn't even make headline news.

IF you could accelerate at a constant 1G, which is a mighty big if using any sort of reaction mass driving system, it would take about one year to reach the practical relativistic limit on fraction of c. You need the same amount of time to slow down, so for all intents and purposes any interstellar trip would still take about 2 years perceived ship time. If you have to haul that much fuel with you, though, that trip ain't happening. Without some form of drive pushing against spacetime so that only energy is required and not reaction mass, you won't get there

And if you're familiar with Alan Guth and inflation, you know that the dimensions of spacetime itself are thought to be unrestricted by relativistic concerns. Alcubierre has postulated that a 'warp bubble', to steal the Star Trek term, that rarified space ahead of the ship and compressed it behind it could generate movement in 'space' at large while the relativistic velocity of the ship in the bubble remained at zero c. It will not be necessary to generate big bang-like energy densities in order to locally warp spacetime, although it will likely require significant local energy input going only on the physics we know now; but that same physics also says that if we cannot derive some form of drive that is not reaction based we won't be going to the stars and the outer planets will be quite a stretch

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Nineteen years ago, September 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2001 our World changed. This was “my” generations Pearl Harbor, against a far more elusive enemy.

Remember…

North Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of 1 World Trade Center (North Tower). The 76 passengers and 11 crew members on board and hundreds inside the building are killed instantly. The crash severs all three emergency stairwells and traps hundreds of people above the 91st floor.

South Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of 2 World Trade Center (South Tower), killing the 51 passengers and nine crew members onboard the aircraft and an unknown number of people inside the building. The impact renders two of the three emergency stairwells impassable and severs a majority of the elevator cables in this area, trapping many above the impact zone and inside elevator cars.

Attack at the Pentagon

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 in to the Pentagon. The 53 passengers and six crew members on board perish. The crash and ensuing fire kill 125 military and civilian personnel on the ground.

United Flight 93

United 93 was climbing to cruising altitude, heading west over New Jersey and into Pennsylvania. At 9:25 am, Flight 93 was above eastern Ohio, and its pilot radioed Cleveland controllers to inquire about an alert that had been flashed on his cockpit computer screen to "beware of cockpit intrusion." Three minutes later, Cleveland controllers could hear screams over the cockpit's open microphone.

Todd Beamer told Lisa Jefferson (a United Airlines Customer Service agent) via AirCell that the passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words to Jefferson.

When the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allah Akbar". Lebanese terrorist Ziad Samir Jarrah repeatedly pitched the plane to knock passengers off their feet, but the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:17, a male passenger said, "Turn it up!" A second later, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" At 10:02:33, Jarrah was heard to plead, "Hey! Hey! Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me."

The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles per hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. According to Vice President Dick Cheney.

(With thanks to Wikipedia)

Before the attackers plan could be completed the everyday American’s on flight 93 had already began to fight back. Like the Militia members at Concord’s North Bridge, when attacked American’s rose to the challenge. We haven’t stopped since.

REMEMBER!!!

I was in the Maintenance and Engineering headquarters of the tenth largest U.S. airline that day. When the second aircraft struck the World Trade Center I had the epiphany that this was an attack on my Nation, using the tools of my profession...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got the front deck stained and giving my knees a break.
    Watching the replay of yesterday's Trunews TV show. They're talking about the Russian economist adviser to Putin who made the presentation to their parliament in July 2001 about the then pending attack, who was going to carry it out, their reasons (dates based upon gematria and numerology) for carrying out the action and the intended goals.
    Playing his 2001 interview with the economist (long distance telephone with an interpreter).
    Dovetails nicely with 1999 when Rick Wiles was telling his radio audience "judgement begins on September 11th".

Top Bottom