• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here is the big question. Has your credit card been charged without the items shipping. Being overwhelmed with orders or having employees with vacations or sickness happens. Weather Happens. Those orders are money in the bank and happy customers make happy bank accounts. When I looked at the sight the had a holiday/weather 10 day notice of delayed shipping. They should not be charging a CC until it leaves the dock.

my major complaint with optics planet. Charged my CC for an item marked in stock ready to ship. Turns out they did not have the item in stock and thus it was not ready to ship. 4 weeks, 5 weeks, called the bank at 6 weeks. Order was refunded thru credit card company and my order from SWFA was filled in four days. Marked in stock ready to ship. My CC was not charged until it left the building with the UPS truck.

I will never order optics planet again. Company dead to me.

PSA had a nice 1911 which looked like a nice addition to the family. They had a sale at 500 now they seem to be 599. Any comments on the 1911. Not to change the subject but limited reviews and I have 1911’s already. No hurries but always room for another. Maybe as a build project. Then again spend a bit more for a name brand since lots to do on them to get them up to snuff.

I used to work for a direct mail company (BMG Music/Columbia House), and you are correct. We weren't allowed to submit the charges to the customers' credit cards until we had the product ready to ship (not necessarily when it left the dock, but when it was confirmed that it was indeed in stock and was being processed by the warehouse/shipping). If something was backordered, it went to a "hold file" until the inventory system showed that stock was available, then the order was "released" and sent off to the CC company for authorization and subsequent settlement. IIRC, there is a 3 day "grace period", meaning that it must ship within 3 days after the charges have been sent to the CC company for settlement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to work for a direct mail company (BMG Music/Columbia House), and you are correct. We weren't allowed to submit the charges to the customers' credit cards until we had the product ready to ship (not necessarily when it left the dock, but when it was confirmed that it was indeed in stock and was being processed by the warehouse/shipping). If something was backordered, it went to a "hold file" until the inventory system showed that stock was available, then the order was "released" and sent off to the CC company for authorization and subsequent settlement. IIRC, there is a 3 day "grace period", meaning that it must ship within 3 days after the charges have been sent to the CC company for settlement.

And this is why I will no longer deal with PSA. They grab your money ASAP and sit on your order. This and their parts and pieces no longer hold interest for me. You get exactly what you pay for.
    There are a few other companys that operate in this way. If my CC gets dinged right away and no shipping notice I cancel my order.

Brownells hits my account as the order is leaving the dock.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You get exactly what you pay for....

....I'm not sure what that means in this context. I've gotten ammo, stripped lowers, BCG's, 1911's, Kahr's, a Ruger or two that were below my wholesale supplier price. I've purchased complete uppers with FN barrels that are as good as anything else in the market at the time. I don't order from them very often, but they do occasionally have deals that are as good as they come.

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    I agree, its hit and miss with them. But sometimes they run some pretty good deals. Every time I say I am done I get another email with a deal I have to have.

azcrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cave Creek
    I just ordered 2,000 rounds of CCI mini mags, penny a round less than last time. I've got some to shoot so I'm not too worried about how long it takes to get here. I've ordered a lot of ammo, uppers, and lots of AR parts from them. I always got exactly what I ordered, every time. It might take them a while, but they always got it right, at a very good price. That means a bunch to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just ordered 2,000 rounds of CCI mini mags, penny a round less than last time. I've got some to shoot so I'm not too worried about how long it takes to get here. I've ordered a lot of ammo, uppers, and lots of AR parts from them. I always got exactly what I ordered, every time. It might take them a while, but they always got it right, at a very good price. That means a bunch to me.
    Just ordered 1000 rounds of the same. Didn't really need them, but I've not even seen them that cheap at Walmart (if they had them in stock).

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Ordered 2k of 5.56 and twenty PMags on 1-2-18. Just arrived yesterday and I'm pretty ticked off. Like others, they dinged my credit card when I ordered,......a credit card I won't be paying off until next month. PSA has been sitting on BOA's money for two weeks and I'm gonna sit on it for two more.

On second though, I'm OK. BOA should be PO'd.

Top Bottom