• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    x2 - I personally dont spend my money at any business when I see a sign like that.

Agreed.

But what I don't understand is, after probably a dozen different threads detailing BWW as an anti-gun business, why do any INGO members still go to BWW and give them hard earned cash?

Seriously there have been numerous threads about BWW being an anti-gun business (along with other national chains like Chilis, Jared Jewlers) and there have been letters/emails from BWW management posted that detail their dislike of lawful gun carriers. Still despite all the evidence, there are INGO members who continue to frequent BWW. :dunno:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I wonder what would have happened if you pointed to a black, hispanic, or muslim appearing individual and said, "OK, but they make me uncomfortable as well. Will you please ask them to cover up in a burka so as not to offend me?"

Everyone sees the stupidity of that argument. We cannot discriminate against someone because of their color or ethnicity. That would be against their civil rights. Why is it that we must hold civil rights as sacrosanct but human rights like those enumerated in the Bill of Rights can be ignored so willfully by some?

It's too bad that the right to carry hasn't been defined as a civil right. It would be untouchable then.

Edit: For clarity, I am not advocating discrimination against any race or ethnicity with this post.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Handled very well mj2ka...I, typically CC when carrying in a restaurant, just to avoid the possible conflicts that may arise, especially from those who have 'responsibility' for the peace of the restaurant.

The manager only took that approach because he knew that there was nothing else he could do except agree with your right to OC! He may not like it...but that's the way it is!

I agree with you that Indiana does allow OC...however, I, personally hold to the idea that 'surprise' is a better element than a 'known' response. While I have a 'right' to OC, I purposefully chose to conceal carry a) for the suprise factor and b) to avoid the types of conflict or issues that you faced at BW3's.

When I carry in a restaurant, I, typically, have a coat or something over it and, if I take the top cover off, I sit with my right side toward the inside of the booth, limiting the number of individuals who may see my weapon. People can see it when I stand up to put my coat on to leave...or if I run to the restroom, but I don't keep my right side exposed to patrons...intentionally. My wife knows this and will purposefully sit on the side of the table that allows me to sit 'hidden'.

As far as paying the bill if asked to leave...I wouldn't pay it! If a manager sees fit to ask me to leave his restaurant, and my meal is not finished, I would not pay. Regardless of the fact that they prepared the meal and had invested in my being there, if I have not had the opportunity to finish that meal (ie, my part in the business transaction is NOT complete), then he's not deserving of the compensation that is due him! I would politely stand up, put on my coat, and promptly leave the establishment. If asked if I would be paying for my meal, I would respond with something like, "I have not been allowed to finish that meal...therefore, I will not be paying for it!" and continue leaving!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Still despite all the evidence, there are INGO members who continue to frequent BWW. :dunno:

As long as my local BWW doesn't post a no guns sign and doesn't ever bother me about openly carrying, I will continue to allow them the honor of making me mango habanero wings.

They either didn't get the memo or just choose to ignore it.

Either way, no problem in Crawfordsville.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It seems that the OP did two things that worked quite well in this case.
    1) Volunteered to be asked to leave. I personally never thought about what pressure this might add to the management to not ask you to leave!
    2) From the post, the OP said nothing, instead of arguing, or the more inviting "go ahead!",when told that the cops were coming, making the manager understand that the threat didn't work, all without an argument ensuing.
    Rep coming.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I frequent BW3 because they have great wings, good garlic mushrooms, I enjoy sports.....etc.

I get what you're saying, I really do. But I don't really let signs like that influence my purchasing decisions much. When I see a sign like "We ban guns on these premises", I just kind of chuckle as I walk past it with my cc gun. First off, they don't have the ability to "ban" guns. Yes, they can ask me to leave and, if asked, I'll leave. But I've never had an issue cc. If you choose to oc (which is great...I'm not getting into that argument), then I guess you face different issues.

We live in a free country and people are entitled to their own opinions. Some don't like guns and I respect that. If they don't like guns, I don't try to force it on them. Because our free country also has 2A and Indiana abides by that, I can freely cc and ignore that sign. Besides, businesses that post signs like that are mostly chains and are forced by corporate to hang the sign even though a particular locations employees or owners may not even agree with it.

Live and let live. +1 for the way it was handled by the OP. Well played and you may have actually brought a bit of education to that "manager".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    At BUFFALO WILD WINGS we have tasty wings +
    Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa Leonetti
    Guest Relations
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    5500 Wayzata Blvd.
    Suite 1600
    Minneapolis, MN 55416
    800-499-9586

images.jpg

As long as my local BWW doesn't post a no guns sign and doesn't ever bother me about openly carrying, I will continue to allow them the honor of making me mango habanero wings...

I frequent BW3 because they have great wings, good garlic mushrooms, I enjoy sports.....etc.

I get what you're saying, I really do. But I don't really let signs like that influence my purchasing decisions much...
    So I guess both of you are saying is pretty much like admitting that you don't like Obama's policies but you'll be voting for him again in the next election because he seems like a nice enough fellow? :dunno:

Last edited:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Wow. Quite a leap of logic there melensdad. It's not like that at all. I guess it's more like this:

You obviously don't like Obama's policies, but yet you're still choosing to live in this country. If you're unhappy with his policies, by your logic, you should choose to live elsewhere, right?

I'm saying I don't agree with the policy, but I don't let it dictate everything I do. Especially since it very well may be a corporate policy and not the individual owner's policy or that of his/her employees.

Does that make more sense now?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wow. Quite a leap of logic there melensdad. It's not like that at all. I guess it's more like this:

You obviously don't like Obama's policies, but yet you're still choosing to live in this country. If you're unhappy with his policies, by your logic, you should choose to live elsewhere, right?

I'm saying I don't agree with the policy, but I don't let it dictate everything I do. Especially since it very well may be a corporate policy and not the individual owner's policy or that of his/her employees.

Does that make more sense now?

NOPE. Your logic is totally flawed.

You lived in this republic before Obama became our leader. You have little choice but to live under his regime without fleeing your own country.

On the other hand, with BWW you have a choice to go to the establishment across the street and never pay BWW a single penny of your income. You are making an ACTIVE choice to financially support a corporation that is openly hostile to your own beliefs.

How you came up with the flawed logic you use is fascinating and I'm sure will become a case study in some future AP high school class on psychology.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So I guess both of you are saying is pretty much like admitting that you don't like Obama's policies but you'll be voting for him again in the next election because he seems like a nice enough fellow? :dunno:

I can't speak for HDSilvrStreak, but yes

...that is obviously exactly what I was admitting. :laugh:

Why don't you fix your Bdubs, mine isn't broken. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . mine isn't broken. :dunno:
    Uh, yes it is. It is corporate policy.

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa Leonetti
    Guest Relations
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    5500 Wayzata Blvd.
    Suite 1600
    Minneapolis, MN 55416
    800-499-9586

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As long as they continue to ignore it, I will salute my local BWW employees. :patriot:

May they never cave to the silly whims of corporate! :rockwoot:

Mmm... mango habanero... :)

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

I am a gun owner, now a reloader, and I believe in gun owner rights.

However, I don't let that single part of my life dictate every other part of my life. Just because there are some that don't believe or like the fact the individuals carry guns, it doesn't mean I cut them out of my life. My sister-in-law, one of my brothers, a few people I work with don't like guns. I still respect them, work with them, try to educate them, and continue to have a relationship with them.

BW3 serves food. They are not a gun store. They are not a sporting goods store. The serve food and their opinion on gun ownership doesn't mean poo to me. I do, however, like their food, their beer, and their large screen TVs.

I don't look at everybody and everything in my life through 2A lenses. I determine to enjoy my life and live it as I see fit. Not as BW3 sees it or, forgive, even as you see it.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    OMG U OC? Any 1 of the BWW patrons could have just come up and blown you away, you having no clue. What ever happened to the element of surprise?

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    The "no guns" sign is posted on the door of the BWW in Clarksville. I always cc and have done so every time I go in there. However, I am thinking about taking my business to a store that doesn't exclude people for exercising their rights.

The only reason I can see for BWW having this policy is the fact that they serve alcohol. While it may be legal to carry guns in establishments that serve alcohol, they might see a no guns policy as a way to limit their liability if an incident occurs.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    When I see a sign like "We ban guns on these premises", I just kind of chuckle as I walk past it with my cc gun. First off, they don't have the ability to "ban" guns.

Actually they do have the ability to "ban" guns in their private property when a sign is posted. You can chuckle as you walk by but if someone did catch a climpse of your gun you in for some trouble. if the police are called I can pretty much guarantee it would result in the loss of your handgun license.

I think that if you read forum member Billb's ongoing thread about St. John you would see that you would easily loose your license.

When you carry into a restuarant that has posted a sign restricting guns then you are breaking the law and you will easily be labeled as not being a "proper person" by the state police.

While I do not like the policy I do have to comply with it. But I can also not go there and give them my money also. By your logic should also carry into a school, an airliner or a federal building.

Top Bottom