• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    Sounds like a pretty good outcome.....all things considered. I install security systems and a lot of the houses or businesses that get broken into are from younger people. My guess is money for drugs. It takes all kinds though. They did solve a 6 or 7 month old burglary of a church in my town. Some forensic evidence collected matched another case in which they were able to charge the older man (almost typed gentleman) with the crime. Needless to say, we are busy installing these!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    so after you went to the police dept they gave you back all your belongings (guns etc)? i ask because my GF's dad's house got broken into labor day and police caught the guy's red handed thanks to a neighbor that called. the officers took the weapons recovered with them "temporarily" as evidence, he has yet been able to get them back!! excuses range anywhere from "we need to run them thru the state database to make sure none were previously stolen", to "we may need them for court", to "how do we know they're even yours?" can't get the same answer twice. i told him it's time to get a lawyer.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Sounds like the neighbor ladies are good people. Instead of going off on you they were deeply sorry that their kid did that to you. Sounds like sonny is going to probably get his butt kicked for a long time by the family after the legal system gets done with him.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    so after you went to the police dept they gave you back all your belongings (guns etc)? i ask because my GF's dad's house got broken into labor day and police caught the guy's red handed thanks to a neighbor that called. the officers took the weapons recovered with them "temporarily" as evidence, he has yet been able to get them back!! excuses range anywhere from "we need to run them thru the state database to make sure none were previously stolen", to "we may need them for court", to "how do we know they're even yours?" can't get the same answer twice. i told him it's time to get a lawyer.

I should be getting them back within the next 2 days.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like the neighbor ladies are good people. Instead of going off on you they were deeply sorry that their kid did that to you. Sounds like sonny is going to probably get his butt kicked for a long time by the family after the legal system gets done with him.

Yeah they are good people.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Sounds like a pretty good outcome.....all things considered. I install security systems and a lot of the houses or businesses that get broken into are from younger people. My guess is money for drugs. It takes all kinds though. They did solve a 6 or 7 month old burglary of a church in my town. Some forensic evidence collected matched another case in which they were able to charge the older man (almost typed gentleman) with the crime. Needless to say, we are busy installing these!
    I have a couple of simple webcams pointed at strategic locations. They have motion sensors that will automatically record straight to my e-mail so even if the crooks take my computer I still have them on video.

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I have a couple of simple webcams pointed at strategic locations. They have motion sensors that will automatically record straight to my e-mail so even if the crooks take my computer I still have them on video.

I have seen those too and like the idea of having clips e-mailed. That way, your footage is stored "off site". The thing I like better about a home security system is that if it is properly used, can help prevent something from happening (not guaranteed though, if someone wants in, they will get it someway) or if they do get in, the siren will quickly drive them the other way or alert the neighbors and police.

I know of some people that will put sensors on their gun safes or liquor cabinets that will notify them if the safe or cabinet is being opened, so if the kids or someone not supposed to be in there you can know about it.

Kinda stinks that you have to go to these means to protect your family and property. That being said, in this day and age it is becoming very commonplace. We will prewire a lot of houses during construction, just like wiring for home phone lines, computer lines or tv lines.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I GOT ALL OF MY GUNS BACK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a call today from BGPD to come get my firearms! Im still missing my GP100 but I got everything else back. The wood furniture is a little rough but with a litttle sandpaper and finish they will be alright.

HATS OFF TO BGPD Thx for everything you guys done!

Top Bottom