• wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yes. and trim trees.

I have forks on my tractor.

I had a shingle roof and I was used to just climbing on the roof and cleaning gutters etc.

Then I put on a metal roof.

The first time I put a knee down which shifted my weight from my boot soles to denim and started to slide to the edge.....

Magically next year, that lift showed up :)

But it beats using pole saws for trimming low branches too.
    Same here I questioned spending the money thought I might not use them enough. They sure do make unloading pallets of feed out of the truck a lot faster.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Same here I questioned spending the money thought I might not use them enough. They sure do make unloading pallets of feed out of the truck a lot faster.
    forks? Yeah I used the bucket for a lot of stuff, but got a good deal on the forks. Now I believe that is about the best attachment I have. Gets used more than the mower deck.

I put a pallet in the truck anytime I go heavy item shopping. or even a Big Costco/Aldis stock up run. Set everything on the pallets then tractor them to the front door.

I also started putting all my other implements on pallets so that I could stack them up and move them around as needed. Have a pallet for the blade, bucket, tiller, box blade. Can pack them all into a much smaller space that way.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    forks? Yeah I used the bucket for a lot of stuff, but got a good deal on the forks. Now I believe that is about the best attachment I have. Gets used more than the mower deck.

I put a pallet in the truck anytime I go heavy item shopping. or even a Big Costco/Aldis stock up run. Set everything on the pallets then tractor them to the front door.

I also started putting all my other implements on pallets so that I could stack them up and move them around as needed. Have a pallet for the blade, bucket, tiller, box blade. Can pack them all into a much smaller space that way.
    I have forks for my Bobcat, money well spent.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Implements and attachments only way to go.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I lay mine in the bed and strap it down, unload for filling and lay it down in the bed strapped down for the return trip. I open the side windows on the camper shell for the 10-minute ride home. The place filling it doesn't have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with it.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    anybody do this? Thinking of building a frame to hold them vertically but before I invent the wheel, I was wondering if anyone here hauls these in their truck and may have a picture of their setup?
    Be careful you could hurt your back pretty easy if you just do this stuff slapdash. My dad hurt himself doing something pretty similar with drums and not being careful.

Top Bottom