• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes, track time is when to get the speed need taken care of. It makes me want to stay off roads as much as possible. There are real idiots out there actually driving cars.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yes, track time is when to get the speed need taken care of. It makes me want to stay off roads as much as possible. There are real idiots out there actually driving cars.

Yep, you're right!
    There are a lot of women drivers out there. :):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A day at the race track is less expensive than your first reckless driving ticket...I've ridden with idiots on the road before and didn't feel the need to compete. At the track there are significant deceleration zones and run off on the corners, no poles to wrap your head around and no oncoming traffic. Recovering in a hospital is not my idea of fun. It's just not worth it.

Granted a day at the track can be less expensive than a reckless driving case. And, yes there are shut off areas and plenty of room to safely bring it to a stop. However, make no mistake there are plenty of poles you can get wrapped around and plenty of other things can go wrong.
    But bottom line is if you want to run those kinds of speeds do it on a track

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Granted a day at the track can be less expensive than a reckless driving case. And, yes there are shut off areas and plenty of room to safely bring it to a stop. However, make no mistake there are plenty of poles you can get wrapped around and plenty of other things can go wrong.
    But bottom line is if you want to run those kinds of speeds do it on a track

In the mid 90's the group I ran with were all die hard street racers. We raced our bikes. More than a few people I knew ate it hard. At that point I told anyone that wanted to play I would meet them at Raceway park on (at that time) Tuesday night. Bring the right gear and any money you might be inclined to loose. It started something that held for a number of years. Not sure now but my last visit to runwhatchabrung night it was still a thing.

Top Bottom