• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Okay folks its October again, and we have alot of new folks on here.

Lets hear of any truly haunted places you know of in Indiana. Personally I'd prefer to only hear about places that a person can go to and check out without breaking any laws.

Sort of like the "if no pics then it never happened" train of thought. :D

Gotta be some good ones out there... :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The Embassy Theater in Ft. Wayne.

The Strand in Kendallville.

Ligonier public library.

Those ^ are what I've heard of in my area. One of them, personal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    care to share the story? :)

No, thanks. Too long. Four year span of little stupid things.
    Suffice it to say that "official" ghost buster types were employed to set up all their electronic gadgety gizmos and camera thingies that don't need light...
    They said that although they could not confirm anything in the few hours of recorded data, they had lots of unexplainable stuff that could not be recreated by them to debunk.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I spent many, many, many an evening in the Embassy and never saw any spirits (except the one the stage hand had in his back pocket) ;)

Same here, minus that back pocket thing.
    I've only heard people talking about it and read some of the write-ups in Journal Gazette articles.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Some interesting reads about Indiana Hauntings and folklore.

Hoosier Folk Legends ----Ronald L. Baker
    Haunted Hoosier Trails ----Wanda Lou Willis
    More Haunted Hoosier Trails ----Wanda Lou Willis
    Haunted Indiana
    Haunted Indiana 3 ----Mark Marimen
    Hoosier Hauntings ----K.T. MacRorie

:ingo:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I have a bunch of friends going down to Whispers Estate in Mitchell, Anyone know anything about it? I have been down to the train tunnel in Tunnelton In, no ghosts but it is pretty spooky when you get half way through.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Slippery Noodle Inn in Indy. Caught a voice saying "Yes Two" on a recorder in the old brothel upstairs. Most of the other stuff coud be explain away by high EM fields through out the whole place due to old wiring. Oh I also do paranormal investigating as a hobby outside of shooting. Home I am the nerdy tech guy.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I have a bunch of friends going down to Whispers Estate in Mitchell, Anyone know anything about it? I have been down to the train tunnel in Tunnelton In, no ghosts but it is pretty spooky when you get half way through.

was just watching some you tube videos of the Whispers Estates. :yesway:

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I grew up in Evansville, and used that library several times over the years. Great place with awesome old style woodworking, staircase entry way etc.

Add the old woodwork with the big tall huge paintings on the walls, yeah its kinda creepy, but I never experienced anything supernatural there. :yesway:

I've never been in there, but my grandmother lives right off of 1st Ave near Harwood Middle School and every time we're in town we go by that Library. I remember growing up hearing stories about it from my parents and cousin who all grew up there. It is a gorgeous building on the outside, as is most of Evansville's river city buildings!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I've never been in there, but my grandmother lives right off of 1st Ave near Harwood Middle School and every time we're in town we go by that Library. I remember growing up hearing stories about it from my parents and cousin who all grew up there. It is a gorgeous building on the outside, as is most of Evansville's river city buildings!

Agreed!

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Slippery Noodle Inn in Indy. Caught a voice saying "Yes Two" on a recorder in the old brothel upstairs. Most of the other stuff coud be explain away by high EM fields through out the whole place due to old wiring. Oh I also do paranormal investigating as a hobby outside of shooting. Home I am the nerdy tech guy.

A friend of mine used to bounce there and has been told all kinds of weird stories by other employees and managers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We have a friendly ghost(s) in our house on the main floor and upper floor.

- Pull-chain lights that we turn off and find lit again later
    - A computer printer that turns itself on
    - Light switches that we find turned on after we have been gone
    - Bedroom door that opens if we close it, closes if we open it

The house doesn't have a "bad" feel to it, and whatever is here is not mean but it definitely lets us know that it is here. The fourth bedroom of our house was pretty much unused over the last year and we finally turned it into a game room by adding some furniture, television, etc. Once we started using the room more the lights/door issues have died down some (no pun intended).

Top Bottom