• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    2 years ago about this time my friend and I were investigating an old farm house in Salem one night. We couldn't get the front door open, but we got in through a kitchen window. We walked into what looked like the old parlor room and my friend looked up the stairs to the second floor and hollered, " Is anybody here??" about 3 seconds or so passed of silence, then WE BOTH heard a whisper right by our ears between us say really fast "we'realwayshere" You've never seen 2 boys clear a window so quick in all your life! It's for sure the most scared I've ever been. There's a cheapy Walmart flashlight in that house somewhere i left. I think I'll let who or whatever just keep it....

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Same here, minus that back pocket thing.
    I've only heard people talking about it and read some of the write-ups in Journal Gazette articles.
    There are a lot of passages and rooms in the Embassy. The only thing I have ever experienced there was a scream one night. Thought it was outside but could not find anyone.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    The old Catholic Hospital in Garrett, Indiana was supposed to be haunted.
    I used to play around it when I was young. It was abandoned. And then, as a young punk, We used to hang out inside and then slide down the big tunnel fire escape from the top floor.
    They remodled it in the last 5 years or so and turned it into a Retirement home. I was happy to see it in use, it's a beautiful place. It has a Grotto out back.

It's always been a spooky place, to me.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Speaking of hospitals, here in Indy there's supposed to be an old Central Hospital somewhere. Apparently back...way back in the day it was a mental hospital or something along those lines.

It's been covered in different forms of media, but its actual location still alludes me. Granted I've not made time nor a lot of effort to locate it. But it might be cool to find it, just for historical value if nothing else.....well and to get that creepy feeling going on. :D

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany

Heh, heh. My mom took my daughter down there when she was a little tyke . About 2 weeks later there was a TV special about haunted places. Guess which one was on there? Yep, Willard Library. My daughter thought that was pretty cool and then wanted to go back to look for ghosts. Kid isn't scared of anything...

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    This thread is making me want to road trip to spooky places in Indy when we move back to Indianapolis...keep them coming I am making a list and dragging my honey all over the state to visit them (in two years time).

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Speaking of hospitals, here in Indy there's supposed to be an old Central Hospital somewhere. Apparently back...way back in the day it was a mental hospital or something along those lines.

It's been covered in different forms of media, but its actual location still alludes me. Granted I've not made time nor a lot of effort to locate it. But it might be cool to find it, just for historical value if nothing else.....well and to get that creepy feeling going on. :D
    Central State Hospital. Part of the land is used by the Marion County Sheriffs dept for keeping horses I guess. There is also the Indiana Medical Museum I think its called there. Last I heard the buildings have all been shuttered due to asbestos.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I can second the Haunted Bridge in Avon. Also there is a place around there somewhere that a old lady (ghost) used to walk across the road and around the farm with a lantern. Was a old slaughter house or something where there was a mas murder or something. Dont remember the exact details though.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    In the old grave yard across from the "new" grave yard in greensboro (henry county). If you are heading out of town at towards the grave yards shine your brights on the old grave yard, there is a tall old 1800's tomb stone that casts a shadow that looks like the pagian devil head

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I forgot Byron Health Center here off Lima.

My Mother used to work there in the 70's and said she heard some creepy things. Here is what I found on it...

Lima Road - The

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    A lot of people mentioned Willard Library, I t hink still have my library card from when I lived there, heh. And no one mentioned the ghost that's supposed to haunt it is featured in the opening scene of ghost busters.

And short personal ghost story. The house I grew up in near the Fashion Mall in Nora was haunted supposedly. We moved out when I was six. I don't remember anything. But when i was an infant my mom and her best friend were downstairs yakking and I was asleep upstairs. They heard footsteps walking around upstairs into, then around my room. My mom's friend ran upstairs, grabbed me, and out there door... she never set foot in the house again.

And for a long time in the same house I would have night terrors (really bad dreams where i would wake up screaming and terrified). My dad hung a crucifix above my headboard and it never happened again.

I was too young to remember this, so I can't speak about it. But that's what I was told.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Sping Mill State Park, Mitchell IN, in the pioneer village there is a home that several DNR have died of heart attacks in front of.

Also in the cemetary there is a blank grave. The story is a gambler lost and was murdered, no one knew who did it. He is buried in an unmarked grave and his spirit shows his killers grave...it's in the same cemetary.

West Baden, IN, Bonds chapel cemetary. There is the impression of chain links on the side of the tomb stone. Apparently on the anniversary of the man's death the chain grows a link. It's also said if you touch the chain impression you yourself will die.

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    Oh i hope the old lady don't see this, she will drag me to every one of these places.

Our house in Noblesville that we sold last year.
    3am strange stuff at least 2 nights a month.
    Digital camera turned on and off would never stop Moved and it works fine now.
    3am kid recorder flute thingy sounds when we are packing we find it on top the the fridge.
    I put the contents from my pocket on my desk every day after work & thing would come up missing. But we would find some of them upstairs.
    Footsteps all the time.
    It was nothing bad but still alittle strange. The wife loved to run around with a camera at night.
    I sure do miss the garage.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I forgot Byron Health Center here off Lima.

Never had weird experiences there, but the place creeped me out before they remodeled. Use to be you could still see the impressions in plaster of all the doorways where they had iron bar doors. Those became resident rooms. They eventually fixed it all, but man what a thought.
    I always wondered what went through the minds of some of those poor Alzheimer/dementia patients if they all of the sudden had a moment of clarity and found themselves locked behind those bars.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The Waverly Hills Sanatorium. It's not in Indiana, but just outside of Louisville. It's supposed to be the most haunted place in the US.

The Waverly Hills Sanatorium
    I have been there twice. Once last year at the end of july and again this past august. Nothing really happened this year but a tapping on the metal railing next to me when I was walking down the hall. Last year was a different story. While walking the 4th floor mine and the guy with me camcorders both shut off at the same time for no reason. Later on 3 of us were in the room were we had our stuff set up. There was a Exit sign above the stairwell next to the room. It gave off a red glow that lit up a small part of the hallway outside. Another guy and I were checking the monitor when we both looked up and saw a shadow pass by at a brisk walking pace completely blocking out the light for a couple seconds.

We checked the up and down the hallway and no one else was around.
    That place looks like a brick monolith and is just cool looking for the architecture and history. That is one of the reasons I ghost hunt, for all the old buildings we get to explore.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I have been there twice. Once last year at the end of july and again this past august. Nothing really happened this year but a tapping on the metal railing next to me when I was walking down the hall. Last year was a different story. While walking the 4th floor mine and the guy with me camcorders both shut off at the same time for no reason. Later on 3 of us were in the room were we had our stuff set up. There was a Exit sign above the stairwell next to the room. It gave off a red glow that lit up a small part of the hallway outside. Another guy and I were checking the monitor when we both looked up and saw a shadow pass by at a brisk walking pace completely blocking out the light for a couple seconds.

We checked the up and down the hallway and no one else was around.
    That place looks like a brick monolith and is just cool looking for the architecture and history. That is one of the reasons I ghost hunt, for all the old buildings we get to explore.

Dude, you're braver than me. I watched a show on TV about that place. I have no plans to go there, ever. That place is wicked creepy.

Top Bottom