• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I keep waiting to see the Glocks being replaced by other guns in classes, but so far it just isn't happening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I believe Federal Agents train and are issued
    something different than a Glock.

Of course, they are provided nothing less than the best
    since money is no object.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Like anything else, what was once popular looses its appeal over time. There used to be a time when people chose whatever the military was using, but after the Glock improved upon the polymer frame, people bought it in droves.

There are people who will go to their graves saying there is no better gun than the 1911 or even M9, but that is what they trained with over a period of time and got used to. They will never change to something else and why should they?

The fact is, if you can shoot a Glock well, you can probably learn to shoot any gun just as well. I don't necessarily like the feel of the Glock, but I shot mine just as well as any other gun. Bottom line, there are too many choices to be locked into shooting what the cool kids are shooting. I prefer to avoid following the crowd, regardless what the popular trainers or competition shooters are going with.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I like Glocks. Now that that is out of the way, it doesn't matter what you like. They fit me. And since there is more polymer competition out there it makes sense for some demand to go away. Other brands fit other people. That's it. More competition, more variety...So, how many polymers did you transfer a year ago compared to what you are doing now? Do you feel like it may just be you have more diverse transfers?

And I mean no offense by this, but it doesn't matter what USMC, FBI, DEA, or local LEOs carry. It's all about contracts and the almighty (once was) dollar.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I think the wider range of options has changed the hearts of many Glock owners... Glock used to be THE polymer gun... now it is one of many.

I think many people that fell in love with Glocks years ago are generally the type of people that are willing to move on to newer models of firearms. Getting a die hard 1911 owner to switch to an XD/etc is not an easy task, but getting a Glock owner to switch to an XD/etc is not as far of a leap.

Couple that with years of popularity leading to so many used Glocks on the market....

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I think the wider range of options has changed the hearts of many Glock owners... Glock used to be THE polymer gun... now it is one of many.

I think many people that fell in love with Glocks years ago are generally the type of people that are willing to move on to newer models of firearms. Getting a die hard 1911 owner to switch to an XD/etc is not an easy task, but getting a Glock owner to switch to an XD/etc is not as far of a leap.

Couple that with years of popularity leading to so many used Glocks on the market....

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Glocks are good guns but there are a lot of others out there now that are just as good and two-thirds the price.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We still sell several Glocks a week; far more than either the XD or M&P families.

Glocks are good guns but there are a lot of others out there now that are just as good and two-thirds the price.

What pistol(s) are you suggesting are "just as good" at around the $350.00 price point (2/3 of a $499.95 Glock)? :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We still sell several Glocks a week; far more than either the XD or M&P families.

What pistol(s) are you suggesting are "just as good" at around the $350.00 price point (2/3 of a $499.95 Glock)? :dunno:

That's only because it's what you carry. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Overall, I doubt is any of the gun shops are seeing a reduction in the number of Glocks being sold. I could definitely be wrong, but when you consider the number of new shooters and who they are asking for suggestions for their gun purchase, not many people would tell them to avoid the Glock. I tell people to go with Glock or M&P simply for reliability and price. I would hate to make a suggestion that proves to be wrong.

The Glock is a solid gun with an outstanding reputation. They took the H&K invention and improved upon it. Now, many companies are copying what they have done, especially the trigger. No doubt, their user base and popularity will be intact for years to come.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For any product, the market only holds so many customers for that product. (Look at HUMMER, they foolishly believed they could expand market share forever) The laws of supply and demand are even more pronounced when the product has a long service life. Smith and Wesson is a good example of that. The model 10 revolver was a top seller for many years. How many do they sell now? Glocks entered an essentially empty market and filled it for years. Now that most of the market has one, the market share has to shrink. Some previous customers may upgrade to a newer version or some different features. None of these principles say the glock is better or worse, it is just a fact or the market.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Like anything else, what was once popular looses its appeal over time. There used to be a time when people chose whatever the military was using, but after the Glock improved upon the polymer frame, people bought it in droves.

There are people who will go to their graves saying there is no better gun than the 1911 or even M9, but that is what they trained with over a period of time and got used to. They will never change to something else and why should they?

The fact is, if you can shoot a Glock well, you can probably learn to shoot any gun just as well. I don't necessarily like the feel of the Glock, but I shot mine just as well as any other gun. Bottom line, there are too many choices to be locked into shooting what the cool kids are shooting. I prefer to avoid following the crowd, regardless what the popular trainers or competition shooters are going with.

I hope no one goes to their grave saying there is no better gun than the M9. That would just be very sad. :):

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    transfer?

maybe we're smart enough to buy them used, since they last forever.

Out of the last 15 or so glocks I've owned, only 3 were new. A G34 at 21st a couple years ago, a G35 with a GSSF discount and a G23 at Bradis.

Other than that, I get them here in the classifieds cheap... but they don't last long so you gotta be quick!

Yep!:yesway::D

Fads come and fads go....:spend:

Then they come back too Glock....:D

Top Bottom